No announcement yet.

Your 2012 power tour ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan, That 541 looks so cool in the Caddy..... I think the Power Coating of the fender wells is a great idea.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
    1966 Plymouth Fury III
    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Fury3 View Post
      Old is such a negative word..... I'm just Mature.....
      I believe the jury is still out on that one Ed

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
      So I need to behave if I'm mature - nevermind.
      You too Phil
      Donna
      Williamston, MI
      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidcadillac View Post
        After the annual Lap of I-465 New Year's Day, the 541 is coming back out of the Caddy. I need to install a new dip stick bung, redo the front cover and front seal, and send the inner fenders, intake manifold, valve covers and induction system tubing off to the powder coaters. I hate polishing stuff. This way, I can clean it with a damp rag.

As she is...

That oughtta keep yu busy this winter Alan - hopefully out of trouble too.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Fury3 View Post
          Gregg, If you want to see Phil's C-10, you have to go to Omaha to see that sweet ride....
          I will have to put that on my to-do list! I have a sister in Crete NE, so maybe I should go for a visit?
          Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
          Gregg and Deb Miller
          Verona, Wi.

Comment

• Originally posted by convss View Post
            I will have to put that on my to-do list! I have a sister in Crete NE, so maybe I should go for a visit?
            If you do be sure to give me a howdy ..... truck is a ten footer - stay back ten feet and it looks o.k.

I need Rett to put me in his will - or make me the curator of his museum in San Diego.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Step 2

Comment

• Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                I believe the jury is still out on that one Ed

You too Phil
                Could this be a simple spelling error? Perhaps the "T" was supposed to be an "N"

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                  Could this be a simple spelling error? Perhaps the "T" was supposed to be an "N"
                  Or maybe it was supposed to be TnA?
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Every year we plan for the Tour and then something comes up. So here we go again. The plan was to bring our Malibu Wagon on the Tour. But we have decided to take our 1978 Trans Am instead. Going to need a little bit of work to be ready. But not as much work as the wagon needed. Only concern right now is the solid roller in the Pontiac 400. Anyone else have experiance with running solid cams on a long tour? Should I keep it or pull it out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Toecutter View Post
                      Every year we plan for the Tour and then something comes up. So here we go again. The plan was to bring our Malibu Wagon on the Tour. But we have decided to take our 1978 Trans Am instead. Going to need a little bit of work to be ready. But not as much work as the wagon needed. Only concern right now is the solid roller in the Pontiac 400. Anyone else have experiance with running solid cams on a long tour? Should I keep it or pull it out?

I ran a mechanical roller for 3 years on tour in my Ford. Since I have had the joy of experiencing a grenaded lifter before I tended to error on the safe side and therefore replaced the lifters ($$$$$$$$$$$) every year along with a very close inspection of the spring pressures. I also carried a spare set of lifters in the car just in case as it is somewhat harder to pick up a set of lifters for a Ford at Kmart.

Comment

• Phil, I'll send you the paperwork for the job...
                        I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

• All the work going on on this site is making me tired. I need a nap.
                          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post

Step 2
                            Boob, thats not suppost to happen when the airbag goes off!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• 4th tour, 3rd Long Haul

This will be my 4th Power Tour.

Took my 69 Charger in 2005 (Short Haul) and 2007 (Long Haul).

Fast forward a few years and a few cars, in 2010 I Long Hauled in my 1970 Challenger R/T 440 six pack clone.

This year I'll be Long Hauling in my 72 Roadrunner. Built a new motor for it this past spring but had major issues with the remanufactured heads. Santa Claus is bringing me an upgrade though. Should have it back together in plenty of time. I'll also dust off the 2.76 gears and swap out the 3.55s.
                              Attached Files
                              -Jim
                              "I can fix it. My old man is a television repairman. He's got the ULTIMATE set of tools."

Comment

• Nice stuff - welcome aboard --- I'm sure Ed is drooling on your cars all the way from Florida.
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X