Your 2012 power tour ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    Welcome new folks, tell us a bit more about yourselves when you can........
    My name is Matt, im 24 years young.
    I've been around old cars all my life, whether in my grandpa's 1970 Chevelle or my dad's 1971 Cutlass Supreme convertible he has owned since '77. I decided in high school that I wanted a fun car to wrench on and I bought a '69 Firebird convertible. After spending 2.5 years restoring it I have driven all over Florida with it and nothing can make me part ways with it. Now I also have a '71 Skylark thats purpose is for the power tour or every day driving.
    Matt
    1969 Firebird Convertible
    1971 Buick Skylark
    2004 Ford Cobra Mustang

Comment

• Kewl........looking forward to seeing and meeting you. Be sure to send BluLightning your phone and email info so we can hook up with you on the PT.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by mmagee View Post
        leaving nw Indiana friday @ 6:30 ish
        you joining the chicago group at Cline Ave?

If so see you there!
        Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

• Welcome aboard Stage Fright, mmagee and Wlevick. Watch the boards for the meet and greet picture time in Detroit and see us there
          FKA Redragtop
          (formerly known as)

Comment

• New guy on Bangshift, and first timer on Power Tour. My ride is a 67 Firebird/Turbo 400 with GV overdrive. I'm leaving Houston for Miami OK/Stillwater OK/Dallas TX stops.

Tu

Comment

• Originally posted by rickpaw View Post
              New guy on Bangshift, and first timer on Power Tour. My ride is a 67 Firebird/Turbo 400 with GV overdrive. I'm leaving Houston for Miami OK/Stillwater OK/Dallas TX stops.

Tu
              What day are you leaving?
              Last edited by fast86-gn; May 15, 2012, 12:35 PM.
              sigpicDavid N.
              86 GN
              08 Sky Redline
              98 GS

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                Welcome new folks, tell us a bit more about yourselves when you can........
                My name is Damon and I live just west of Atlanta, GA. I always enjoyed reading about PowerTour and wanted to do it one day. Last year my wife surprised me and told me she got me all set for the Valdosta to Montgomery leg of the tour. I almost fell out. I was coming off a lay off and underemployment, but she found a way to make it happen. My son and I had a blast in our 78 gold trans am. I sold the TA cause I wanted something a little more modern just for this years tour. We cant do the long haul due to the kids summer schedule but we are going to pick it up in Champaign and take it to Arlington. Really looking foward to getting out on the road with my 11 year old son and touring. I love cars, all cars, old and new.
                Visit my sons blog:
                www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

• Welcome Damon, we're glad to have you aboard! Fill us in on the new ride is and we'll see ya on the road.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by fast86-gn View Post
                    What day are you leaving?
                    We're leaving Tuesday June 5th from Houston. We're staying in Grove, OK. I'm suppose to hook up with another PT participant at Dallas Tuesday around midday.

Still looking for someone leaving from Houston to caravan with, or caravan back.

Tu
                    67 Firebird

Comment

• Originally posted by rickpaw View Post
                      New guy on Bangshift, and first timer on Power Tour. My ride is a 67 Firebird/Turbo 400 with GV overdrive. I'm leaving Houston for Miami OK/Stillwater OK/Dallas TX stops.

Tu
                      Welcome rickpaw. Nice F-body. I see the FNG's get their status changed after only 5 posts now so you can move into drives an automatic very soon
                      FKA Redragtop
                      (formerly known as)

Comment

• Originally posted by nickleone View Post
                        We finally got the 62 Rambler Classic SW on the ground and rolling under it's own power.
                        I drove it for a day and a half untill it would not idle. Took the carb off to fix it.
                        then remembered we had bought a single barrel Carter at the swap meet in Feb.
                        While looking in the service manual we realised the swap meet carb($25 purchase) which came from a rebuilder
                        was the correct carb for the car. The one on the car was some other Carter replacement.
                        We fabed a new fuel line and a choke tube and it runs.
                        Need to get a timing light and tach to set the idle.
                        When we bought the swap meet carb we did not know it was the correct one for the car.
                        See you in Detroit.
                        Nick
                        we call that the "Blind Squirrel" effect. (even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while)
                        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                          Welcome rickpaw. Nice F-body. I see the FNG's get their status changed after only 5 posts now so you can move into drives an automatic very soon
                          I think I like "FNG" a lot better than 'Drives An Automatic"
                          2012 HRPT Long Hauler / Interstate Queen

Comment

• Originally posted by RCFiftyWon View Post
                            I think I like "FNG" a lot better than 'Drives An Automatic"
                            Keep posting and you'll be chirping tires soon enough. "FNG" is still a lot funnier though
                            FKA Redragtop
                            (formerly known as)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                              Keep posting and you'll be chirping tires soon enough. "FNG" is still a lot funnier though
                              Please excuse the newbie question, but what does FNG stand for?

Tu

Comment

• I'm almost not an FNG too

Comment

Working...
                                X