Clear All

• redragtop
    replied
    Nice job Jake

Leave a comment:

• BBO Javelin
    replied
    Got the tranny in.

Got the pedals hung and that was the biggest pain of the whole deal.

All I like now is getting the console in.

I figured out how to get the driveshaft to work by using a shorter yoke for the 9inch rear as mine had the long yoke.I took it for a test drive and man this tremec is sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Leon
    replied
    Looks like it's still the Mustang for Power Tour! If everything goes right I'll be moving Charlotte out here early May, then going on a short cruise. The day we pull back in we'll head home, get the Mustang, then head east! Planning on a couple days around Chicago so I can show her where I used to live and the local sights before going to Detroit.

Leave a comment:

• redragtop
    replied
    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
    We all drove right by his storage space last year Mike - I stopped to say hi on the way to Montgomery.

We are going to have to let you lead (scout) more often next year. You know the really cool places to stop

Leave a comment:

• BBO Javelin
    replied
    Well got the transmission in,pedals hung,linkages in,etc.All I like is the driveshaft that I mis measured and is 1 1/2 to long so got to get it shortened and get the console and seats back in.Then it's time to bang some gears and now all my cars are sticks.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    We all drove right by his storage space last year Mike - I stopped to say hi on the way to Montgomery.

Good to hear from ya Jake - it'll be cooler up north in June this year mebbe.
    See ya soon.....

Wow - that ESPN 30 on 30 take of Alabama vs. Auburn rivalry was a damn good show - good sports journalism.

Leave a comment:

• CLA55IC
    replied
    Nice wheels Jake, and welcome to one hell of a ride.

Leave a comment:

• BBO Javelin
    replied
    Yep it was just getting warm in the morning but Montgomery was hotter than a cheap pistol.
    And I'm sorry but I can't remember your name -
    My name is Jake.It was so hot and I thought it would be cool to pop the hurst tops off the trans am,that was a very bad decision it was like sitting in an oven.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Yep it was just getting warm in the morning but Montgomery was hotter than a cheap pistol.
    And I'm sorry but I can't remember your name -
    Last edited by 70chevyC-10; December 16, 2011, 10:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BBO Javelin
    replied
    I remember when you stopped by phil.Man it was hot I drove the 78 trans am in the pics and man was it vapor locking in those hot lines of traffic.The clutch that came in the kit is an 11inch sachs.Oh and I'm the DA in the mountain dew shirt.

Leave a comment:

• convss
    replied
    Looks like you're on the right track! I put a TKO600 in my chevelle, and REALLY like it, now if I could just get the clutch to work right without slipping...glad you're not putting a Centerforce unit in there!

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied

Leave a comment:

• redragtop
    replied
    Looks like you made good progress...And welcome to the site

Leave a comment:

• BBO Javelin
    replied
    planning on going in my 67 camaro as I usaually go in my 68 javelin cause I hate the 700r4 trans in my camaro so it's been doing a bunch of sitting for 2 years but that's all changing now cause it's recieving a tremec 5 speed conversion I bought from keisler.I took a few pics of starting the change over this evening and maybe will be finished up by late tomorrow night as I have to do it after I get off work.

Heres a pic of the zz4 crate motor.

700 removed and headed to the shop corner.

Boxes of good stuff.

Flywheel and clutch installed.

Getting bellhousing ready to install.

I should get the rest done tomorrow night if all goes good.

Leave a comment:

• 66Fury3
    replied
    I think he just meant a truck
    ding ding ding ding..... give the man a kewpie doll.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X