car show freebies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car show freebies?

Have any of you been the one responsible for gathering "freebies" for goodie bags at your local car shows?? Who are the best places to ask? You know how it goes, we want anything free they will give us! We will probable try to have 130 bags made....thanks!

Alton & Debbie Stewart
    73 mustang convertible
    Arkansas

We usually hit up the local businesses, Auto Zone and O'reilly's have been good to our Camaro Club in the past. Don't be afraid to ask even local insurance agents...they have calendars, atlas's, pens...things like that. If you contact the big 3 auto makes early enough they usually send posters or koozies, but that takes about 4-6 months. Good luck!

Linda

Comment

Hit all the restaurants, businesses of all types in the area (not just automotive), and hit up the local convention bureau for bags pre-filled with goodies. Ask your insurance agency to donate road atlases. Hit up the drugstores for pillboxes and pens. WalMart frequently will donate a gift card. Sonic and McDonalds will donate coupons.

ASK! All they can do is say no.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Year One has placards (name, make, model, etc.) and usually send them free.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Local car dealerships will sometimes donate key chains, etc.
          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Most performance vendors will donate their decals for the goodie bags and local eating places will donate free if a cruise in is held at their business........Steak N Shake gives away coupons for free milkshakes when cruise is held at their sight..........
            That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Ask at any place you go to, my Dad was helping out with a local show, just happened to ask in the local TD Bank branch, they gave him pens, notepad cubes, pocket calendars, etc.

Also if it's a benefit car show you want to ask major businesses as early in the year as you can, usually they have a budget for donations and it's dolled out by the end of the 1st quarter of the year.
              sigpic

Comment

i usually ask any body that we buy anything from. carparts, (body or service) accessories, sales, and such. most of mine take care of us pretty well. the whole back end of my tahoe was full of goodies to give away last week.

Comment

Check with Banks and Credit unions,they will give out pens and pencils.
                  Danny/Zachary
                  HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

We donate a lot of our power tour swag to the guy who puts on our local show. We are not hat wearers anyway, and you only need so many coozies and such, so every power tour, he gets more stuff from us. As stated before, ask any car related business, from finance, to insurance, to parts, dealerships, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X