Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimsc52
    replied
    Did met up with George and his son on Friday. Saturday found some shade and with the for sale signs had a lot of people interested. Talked to potential buyers all morning (even in the rain) and did sell the Camaro about 2:00pm. Then walked down to the other end of the show and bought a replacement. I'll be picking it up tonight (Monday).

1969 Chevelle wagon, 56,035 miles, SS hood, LT1 motor, 700R4, 3:70's, 3rd seat, should be fun with the g-kids.

Leave a comment:

• Jimsc52
    replied
    Getting off work in 2 minutes.... and going home to get this one...

Hope to be there by 1:00-1:15pm area!
    Last edited by Jimsc52; July 22, 2011, 09:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Get some pictures George!!!
    I'm out for this year.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Hanging out in St. Paul, CC Summer Nat's start today!!

Leave a comment:

• Hemi Joel
    replied
    Cam and I are planning to be there. it's less than an hour from home for me. I'm not sure what car I'm going to bring. We might drive the camper down so we can stay over night, and trailer the car. This ought to be a fun time, I haven't been to car craft for about 7 years.

Leave a comment:

• 200kss
    replied
    First time for us to go, figure I might as well spectate and check it out before dragging a car along. As for rooms, worse case the MOA is 15 miles and 25 min. away with tons of hotels in the area. IIRC, the MOA website said there are 50 hotels that offer shuttle service to the Mall. My wife can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Alright we are registered for the Car Craft Summer Nationals, I will find rooms this week, any recommendations?

Leave a comment:

• Jimsc52
    replied
    I may take my Purple '93 Camaro pro street style car there (to sell). It has turned in to a very nice large event at a great fairgrounds with tons of shadetree's, many food boths, and the event get's over 5,000 cars now. It's worth a road trip.

Leave a comment:

• tarafied1
    replied
    my wife wants to go (so she can go to the mall of America!) but it's a 12 hour drive from us. Not sure if we are going to try or not. Have you been before? I went to the Street Machine Nats way back when they were in DuQuoin IL...

Leave a comment:

• 1trickpony
    replied
    More than likely we will drive the mustang up and walk in. More than likely stay at LaQuinta right by the mall and
    I35

Leave a comment:

• 200kss
    replied
    I'll be spectating, hopefully with my brother. Got a room near the Mall of America so the wife has something to do for the weekend while I hit the show.

Leave a comment:

• 1trickpony
    replied
    We are thinking about going up for the show. Don't know if we will stay the weekend or just drive back. Where is everyone staying?

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Don't know...I've seen some of the pictures of upstream of us...I'm not that worried about our place...but it's pretty bad around areas north and south of Omaha on the Missouri River.
    Sections of I29, look like an island in a lake {where it's not under water}.
    Heard more road closures this morning.

I'm still pissed about the whole deal...I've not yet been able to get out to the drag strip, and it's going to end up being under water...for pretty much the rest of the summer at this rate. I know that's such a non-issue...so many people are just screwed by this deal. Just sucks.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
    I wanted to run to this, but I think I am going to have to settle for GoodGuys in Kansas City, if I-29 manages to open back up in time...Des Moines for the 4th of July weekend...also had thought about doing something like the Fairlane Club of America run that weekend, but have to count that out for this year.
    Don't bet on the Missouri River situation to improve by July 4th, Gavins Point Dam (25 miles from us) water release is now being increased to 160,000 from 150,000 cubic feet per second and is expected to stay at that level through August due to the record rains and snow melts in Wyoming and Montana. May need to throw a life ring to you guys.....

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    I wanted to run to this, but I think I am going to have to settle for GoodGuys in Kansas City, if I-29 manages to open back up in time...Des Moines for the 4th of July weekend...also had thought about doing something like the Fairlane Club of America run that weekend, but have to count that out for this year.
    Last edited by Eliteman76; June 21, 2011, 11:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X