First Power Tour Long Haul story and Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyGT View Post
    Great thread! How did your son like the trip?
    He really liked it. We were gone from home for 13 days, and was concerned that he might get a little homesick, but he did fine. He takes a lot of interest in most of the same stuff that I do, which makes things go good. And I let him venture off on his own enuff so that he didn't get too sick of me. He also has his learners permit, so he got to drive the Olds just a little bit so he could learn to drive a manual transmission. I was planning to let him drive more, but traffic is so heavy out east compared to around here, I was scared to.

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
      Very nice pictorial Joel. Very sharp looking Olds also
      Thanks! You have a fine looking
      Olds yourself, I know I saw it several times.

Comment

This is a nice thread. Great car too.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Awesome thread and pictures. Great to hear the story! I had no idea you had gotten the car going. That's awesome and makes me feel lazy with my car... thanks!
          Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
          www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Very neat Joel - thanks for the post.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

very nice write up makes it more exciting for me to do my first long haul

Comment

Very nice pics, my first long haul myself, Had a Blast. Got to meet some GREAT people. Plan to do it again next year.

Rick

Comment

The picture's were great but the story with them made it awesome.... You need to do that in a Power Point Presentation before you forget it....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                  Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                  Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing.
                    Andrew
                    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Thanks for all the nice reply's! Now I need to find time to write about the 2nd half of the trip.

Comment

Working...
                      X