Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemi Joel
    replied
    Thanks for all the nice reply's! Now I need to find time to write about the 2nd half of the trip.

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Cool stuff, thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• 66Fury3
    replied
    The picture's were great but the story with them made it awesome.... You need to do that in a Power Point Presentation before you forget it....

Leave a comment:

• CLA55IC
    replied
    Very nice pics, my first long haul myself, Had a Blast. Got to meet some GREAT people. Plan to do it again next year.

Rick

Leave a comment:

• dez_racer
    replied
    very nice write up makes it more exciting for me to do my first long haul

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Very neat Joel - thanks for the post.

Leave a comment:

• Devil
    replied
    Awesome thread and pictures. Great to hear the story! I had no idea you had gotten the car going. That's awesome and makes me feel lazy with my car... thanks!

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    This is a nice thread. Great car too.

Leave a comment:

• Hemi Joel
    replied
    Originally posted by redragtop View Post
    Very nice pictorial Joel. Very sharp looking Olds also
    Thanks! You have a fine looking
    Olds yourself, I know I saw it several times.

Leave a comment:

• Hemi Joel
    replied
    Originally posted by LadyGT View Post
    Great thread! How did your son like the trip?
    He really liked it. We were gone from home for 13 days, and was concerned that he might get a little homesick, but he did fine. He takes a lot of interest in most of the same stuff that I do, which makes things go good. And I let him venture off on his own enuff so that he didn't get too sick of me. He also has his learners permit, so he got to drive the Olds just a little bit so he could learn to drive a manual transmission. I was planning to let him drive more, but traffic is so heavy out east compared to around here, I was scared to.

Leave a comment:

• redragtop
    replied
    Very nice pictorial Joel. Very sharp looking Olds also

Leave a comment:

• LadyGT
    replied
    Great thread! How did your son like the trip?

Leave a comment:

• Hemi Joel
    replied
    I'm glad you like it, it is really fun to go thru the pictures and remember the trip, even though it wasn't that long ago.

Heres a couple more pics from Lincolns birthpalce farm:

The old cabin:

There was a bear skin on the bed in the museum. We had fun asking the dead serious ranger chicks about it. "somebody has been sleeping in my bed and she's still here! It's Mama bear, skin her out!" Or maybe it was Yogi who got caught trying to steal another pikinik basket, there was a lot of rangers around! :o

Here is a shot from the hotel parking lot in Muskegon, lots of guys were out there cleanig up their rides after the rain earlier in the day:

I will get back to this some evening when I have more time to load some more pictures and finish writing the story. THere is a lot more to tell!

Leave a comment:

• tarafied1
    replied
    cool story and nice pics! I recall seeing your car along the way, maybe a few times even. This was our second PT and we are hooked! Maybe see you next year!

Leave a comment:

• 383S-10
    replied
    Great job.........and you did it in style.......see you next year............

Leave a comment:

Working...
X