X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: long haulers from chitown

Originally posted by MIKEE
    Originally posted by trukluvr
    I am planning on going thru Chitown on Wed the 4th so I can get to LR on the 5th & be there for the VA cruise.
    why would you do that? head west and around chi-town....... a much more relaxed ride IMHO. :D
    Mike, I will be on vacation, but still like a little challenge. Besides, gotta stop in Brewtown on the way & say hi to my sisters.
    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by BURN_M
      Are you going down 55 or ??? If so I am planning on meeting up with The Chief in Fruitland mo. you can hop in as well as long as the times work out.
      i might be im not sure yet. mapquest says its quicker to take 57

Comment

Originally posted by The Chief
        Hey Burn,

What time you think you will be down at fruitland? you still up for a run into memphis for some BBQ?
        Whenever you need me there. Fruitland is about 2 hours away from me at 65 so I will probably make it there a little faster than that. I usually run 75 or 80. I want to get to cruisapalooza in time so the earlier the better. Don't worry you can't keep me away from that Bar-B-Q though ;D

Comment

I was thinking maybe leave fruitland about 10am? if thats cool with you

Comment

That would be fine. How fast are you planning on running? So I know if I will be able to keep up.

Comment

We will run what ever is good for other people man, 75-80 is cool for us seeing as we wont have driven the car much as we only get in wed night leaving thursday for a shakedown for us.

Comment

since I put the new center section in I haven't had the car over 55. I am not worried about the rear end but the 12 gallon take may slow me down. I am going to see if I can find a bigger tank. Damn 12 gallon tank! ;D

Comment

I have no idea what size tank the catalina has im guessing 20gal but im sure it wont be doing more than 15mpg on that motor with its 2 bbl carb LOL

Comment

I have no idea what size tank the catalina has im guessing 20gal but im sure it wont be doing more than 15mpg on that motor with its 2 bbl carb LOL
                    Eeeee GADS - how can you drive a car with a 2bbl? :

There is time to call Summit and have them drop-ship a new manifold, carb and air cleaner to the Ramada in Little Rock and we can have an upgrade party after we get back from Cozy Mels :P

Comment

LOL we i just spent $900 on wheels,tires and suspension with summit this morning, and being a pontiac i doubt summit have the correct manifold. I have a 57 4bbl intake i can bring with me from the UK but i dont think i have a spare carb

Comment

Can't help you with a carb :-\ The tow barrel might be kind of torque-y though ;D I'm sure it will be a burn out KING. Wait... what engine do you have? Maybe if we can find some water. lol Since I put the 3.00 gears in my dart and only have a 318, I will definitly need some water to turn over the 315/35/17's. I bought the car with the 318. It sounds and looks good though. :

Comment

ts a 389 and when it left the factory in 1962 made 215hp, i know it will do a burnout as i have alread seen footage of that all be it 1 heeled as ts anopen diff > i have a posi over here in the UK but im not dragging that with me LOL. The new wheels are 15's wrapped with 245/60x15 BFG Radials ;D better than the 215/75x14's it currently has

Comment

ts a 389 and when it left the factory in 1962 made 215hp, i know it will do a burnout as i have alread seen footage of that all be it 1 heeled as ts anopen diff > i have a posi over here in the UK but im not dragging that with me LOL. The new wheels are 15's wrapped with 245/60x15 BFG Radials ;D better than the 215/75x14's it currently has
                            That is probably 214 more horsepower than my 318 makes. lol Can't beat GM. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEE
                              I am planning on going thru Chitown on Wed the 4th so I can get to LR on the 5th & be there for the VA cruise.
                              why would you do that? head west and around chi-town....... a much more relaxed ride IMHO. :D
                              Mike, I will be on vacation, but still like a little challenge. Besides, gotta stop in Brewtown on the way & say hi to my sisters.

take 43 to 39 and down central ill. nicer ride ..less tolls...less traffic...better roads..... SHORTER DISTANCE! IMHO :D

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                                X