No announcement yet.

Hey Eliteman76

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am "all in" when it comes to old yards.....keep me posted whats in there, cant wait to see the pictures.
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17
    "Stay thirsty my friends"
    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
      ... "he does know the power of a pissed of kungfu midget, and if he wants to call this into question, note the tone..."
      We should have a book of memorable quotes from the SO. That one should be in it.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Don't get too excited over the place. There's a lot, and I mean a LOT, of random 70's/80's crap out there. I'll get pics of the few "desireable" things out there, let you all decide. Everybody likes their own brand/genre of junk, so there may be some "holy crap how is that still there" holy grails that I don't see. Kinda like when dad and I walk up to this plymouth satellite out there, and upon inspection, it tuned out to be a genuine 69 roadrunner, 4 speed parts still there, and upon opening the hood I thought dad was gonna pass out. N96 air grabber hood assembly intact hanging off the trashed hood. Dad bought the whole car (what little was still there), for $550. I think I even have pics of it, but these were taken in my family's personal junkyard stash, not out there. He later sold the car to some poor bastard that thinks he's gonna restore it, and made dad a fair offer on it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Matt, I will tell you the yard here in Nebraska...it's a solid 2 hour drive from Omaha to this place.
          It took me a good 2-3 days to walk the place to figure out where stuff it.
          Amazing how in a spot there is/was around 250 50's-60's wagons.
          I found a little nova 2 ex drag car, with a hell of a cage in it, stuffed into a line of pine trees.

I don't know if the slideshow link will work off my photobucket album, but here goes:
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Keep in mind, the majority of stuff I have shot has been Ford stuff.
          Amount of iron in there is nuts.
          Andrew
          1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
          2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Oh, here is the shot of the place from google...from outer space...
            Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

I think I may be in heaven in that yard........when can we go??
              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
              DW- 12,16,17

Comment

Matt, let me know when, we can take a run.
                I'd suggest a trip in the early spring or fall.
                The weeds right now, make the trek in there a pain in the ass.

I miss having my explorer sport...was the parfect vehicle for snaking around that place.
                Andrew

Comment

Yeah I really miss my junkyard runner too...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Cool story: A buddy of mine took that truck to his senior prom about 2 hours after that pic was taken, and he didn't wash it. In fact I think it was even muddier than in that pic. He called my cell phone and asked if he could come borrow it, I said "Sure, but I'm literally in the bottom of a creek right now, and I'm not washing it." Apparently he didn't care. He's supposed to be bringing me the prom pics with it.

This is my local junkyard. Not as impressive as Watt's, but closer to me and less known.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I may be small but I pack a big punch. Damn I miss that Explorer

Comment

Forgot to mention, DON'T use the term "junk" at Watts. The one time I was there, I asked if he had any junk 65-66 furies laying out there. He got all pissy about it. "I have no junk, everything is "salvage"". Thought he was going to throw me out of the place over it. Whatever makes him feel better I suppose. I use the term junk in a positive way anyway. Maybe that's why I haven't been back in almost 10 years.
                        Last edited by boosted buick; June 30, 2011, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by torinowidow View Post
                          I may be small but I pack a big punch. Damn I miss that Explorer
                          UH-OH.........Looks like Mel found you Andrew!!!
                          HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                          DW- 12,16,17

Comment

Originally posted by boosted buick View Post
                            Forgot to mention, DON'T use the term "junk" at Watts. The one time I was there, I asked if he had any junk 65-66 furies laying out there. He got all pissy about it. "I have no junk, everything is "salvage"". Thought he was going to throw me out of the place over it. Whatever makes him feel better I suppose. I use the term junk in a positive way anyway. Maybe that's why I haven't been back in almost 10 years.
                            Don't know, I've never much had issue with Louis there. He's a GM guy, I'm a Ford guy so works to my benefit.
                            Andrew

Comment

Working...
                            X