No announcement yet.

Bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear this Leon. May the Lord give Sharon help in battling this cancer, you strength to help her in the battle and the Doctors wisdom to provide the correct treatment. You and Sharon are in our prayers!
    John

Long Haul 2006, '07, '08, '11 Somerset & Bristol '09; Chattanooga '10; Birmingham & Chattanooga '13

Comment

I'm here with Sharon, they gave her some meds to help the breathing. She is resting comfortably, she does recognize me at times and I've been able to get a couple small responses from her - like her tongue moving like she's wanting to talk, and the lower lip moving to kiss me. We don't believe it will be much longer, tomorrow I'm going to start making arrangements. Ultimately she will be in the Riverside National Cemetery.
      Right now I have a purpose, to be her for her and get things done, to make sure she knows I'm here for her. Not sure how I'm going to handle when she's gone.

Comment

do think there is any more i can say that somebody else has not already said. enjoy this time while it lasts. lost my dad 3 years ago in a similar fashion, it is extremely tough to watch. i am sure sharon knows what you are doing for her and appreciates it deeply. glad i got to me you and sharon in 2010 on the power tour. take care and god bless.

Comment

Leon, Just remember WE are here for you..And we all have big shoulders..Now more than ever you need to be strong. If you fall apart,everyone else will also..You need to take control..Prayers for you both..
          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Like Rett said Leon...prayers for you guys...anytime man, we're here if we can be of help.
            Andrew
            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Today we got very little response from her, I was able to get her to kiss at 4:00 but that seems to have gone. Her breathing has gotten labored. I should be bringing her home tomorrow so I can care for her at home.

Comment

Sorry to hear Leon, all our best to Sharon and you. May God bless you in strength and comfort.......
                200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

We pray the God will give you the strength you need to help guide Sharon through this journey.

Ken and Linda

Comment

She's still in the hospital, no recognizable reaction from her today. The hospice nurse felt she may not make it long enough for us to take her home, which would probably be better for her anyway.......

Comment

so very sorry, Leon....may she pass in peace, may you have the strength to say goodbye....may God watch over you......

Comment

Leon...man...it's giving me flashbacks to when my dad was wrapping up his time. I wish you all the strength you can handle. What you're doing is the true definition of love. My prayers are with you both.
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Leon, Think about what Sharon would want you to do, and do it.. Everyone is telling you to be strong,and they are speaking from experience. They have been through it and know that you must be the strong one here. PM me your address. I'll need to see you soon..
                          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                            so very sorry, Leon....may she pass in peace, may you have the strength to say goodbye....may God watch over you......
                            Very well said Rex - be strong Leon, we're all behind you.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Love is sent your way...

Jill
                              http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Marlin003.jpg

Comment

God never gives us more than we can handle,God Bless and Good luck.
                                Danny/Zachary
                                HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X