Recording the tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording the tour

Ok how many of you guys will be documenting the tour with video?

We plan to have at least 3 camcorders on the car during the drive, maybe a couple more if we can get them(might be able to get our hands on some bullet cameras) We already have the suction mounts meaning we can have them outside the car without the risk of them falling off lol and fingers crossed should be recording in High Def straight to my macbook pro. We also have data logging on board so should be able to overlay the co-ordinates of the route in map form along with anything else we log on the catalina

Re: Recording the tour

I'll be taking pics but would be interested in copies of your video
    2007 Power Tour Long Haul
    2008 Power Tour Long Haul
    2009 Canadian Points East Tour
    2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
    2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
    2012 Power Tour Long Haul
    2012 Northeast Rod Run
    2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

I will have my video camera, and digital still camera with me. Plan on taken mucho pictures. Will have laptop with us so we can down load pictures as will fill up the memory cards.
      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

We have a mount like this one

and one like this

we will also have a couple of suction bases

edit

I guess the linking of the pics didnt work so you guys will need to click to view lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Chief
          ???

Comment

You can mount a camera on the little threaded part, it doesn't offer the same flexibility of the other mounts

Comment

We have a mount like this one

and one like this

we will also have a couple of suction bases like this

So we should be able to get some interesting camera angles
              OHHHH! The "Red X" camera bases! I heard those work well!! ;D

Comment

All jokes a side I would also like a copy of your video. I will have my camera rolling as well. Maybe if we can get a few peoples videos we can splice them all together and make a pretty nice video. Chief I sent you a PM.

Comment

Mike when did you send the PM is it the fruitland one cause i thought i replied

Comment

Sorry. I just sent one a minute ago. Didn't know you were on. It's Rusty not Mike though ;)

Comment

Well i have the cameras sorted, so far 3 in total. Ebay is great lol picked up a couple of used cameras for next to nothing so if they get wet or trashed it doesnt matter. My bigest problem at the moment is trying to figure out where the hell im going to store over a terabite of data :o which is what i estimate the film will take up recording direct to the laptop over the week.

Comment

My bigest problem at the moment is trying to figure out where the hell im going to store over a terabite of data :o
                        Sounds like you need a few good external enclosures and a battery operated fan in the trunk to keep it all cool.

Comment

Yeah im gonna bring a couple of external drives to upload to each night and if i get desperate i can always buy some blank DVD's to back up to. I just dont want to sacrafice the recording quality by dropping to a compessed format. The crazy thing is that 90% will be junked but you have to shoot a lot to get a few good shots

Comment

i'm gonna have a couple of digital camaras and a digital camcorder that has 60 hrs. of memory. i'm also bringing my laptop in case that's not enough memory i can down load when i need to.

Comment

Working...
                            X