Jamey Andersons death on 2010 PowerTour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamey Andersons death on 2010 PowerTour

Hello all. I am one of Jamey Anderson's four brothers. Jamey was killed on June 11, 2010 on the last day of the PowerTour on Highway 69, south of Birmingham Alabama. He was driving his maroon '69 Camaro along with his son Dalton. A non-partcipant hit Jamey and Dalton head-on while passing in a no-passing zone while cresting a hill. The persons name is Torey Stockton Johnson from Gallion, Alabama. Her case went in front of the Grand Jury about eight weeks ago. She was finally arrersted on July 11, 2011, exactly thirteen months to the day after killing Jamey. She posted bond the following day and is out of jail.

Our family needs some assistance. We had heard that this person was driving erradictly prior to hitting Jamey, ie running people off the road and also passing in no passing zones. We are trying to find anyone that either witnessed her doing this, or witnessed the collision itself. We need this assistance in having the most powerful case we can when this finally goes to trial. If ANYONE knows anything about that fateful morning, would you please get in touch with me either through email or by phone. My email address is [email protected] , and my number is (402)321-5537.

You can also contact the District Attorney whose name is Mr Tim Evans. His telephone number is (334)624-1569. His email address is: [email protected]

I want to thank everyone in advance for your time and help. God bless you all.

John Phillips
    Last edited by nhra61; July 30, 2011, 10:37 AM.

Keep the post going,John.. I'm sure someone saw something.. The key is to find them..
    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

RIP up in Hot Rod Heaven Jamey -
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

John, I agree with Rett; someone out there the accident, and witnessed her driving prior to that tragic, horrible wreck. The key is, finding those people.... Good Luck, and many prayers for you and your family. It's nice to hear that Dalton is recovering nicely.

God Speed!!!
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

You might want to post this up on the Hot Rod magazine facebook page as it gets a lot more traffic, fingers crossed some one comes forward

Comment

Bucky. Thank you very much for reading and the kind words and thoughts. We will keep looking, and I hope someone sees this that saw something.
            Thank you for the prayers. Each day is still a big struggle for everyone.
            You and yours take care and stay safe.

Sincerely.

John

Comment

Chief. Thank you for the response as well as the suggestion. I will do that also. I have this also posted on the HotRod site, under the general discussion forums, as well as the PowerTour forums.
              You and yours take care and stay safe.

Sincerely

John

Comment

Very cool you putting that Foose picture on here Phil! Much appreciated. Take care man. Was great seeing you the other day at the All CHevy Show.

Comment

Originally posted by nhra61 View Post
                  Very cool you putting that Foose picture on here Phil! Much appreciated. Take care man. Was great seeing you the other day at the All CHevy Show.
                  John - did you see the guy with the 46 Panel van (about 3-4 down from me) baking bread in the sun ? It was a hot day fer shur.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Bump....Keep this thread towards the top, Hope you can come up with some new information John, Best wishes......
                    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Bump to the top. Hope you find someone that saw them...
                      Dannie
                      2010 Camaro SS
                      Long Haul 2010/2011
                      Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

maybe steve can put this up top with the pt countdown thread?
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Bump.......How are things going John?
                          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Hi all. Jamey Andersons brother John here again.

Just wanted to give everyone an update. The state of Alabama sucks first of all. Now with that said, the District Attorney a week and a half ago advised our family that they had worked a plea agreement with the woman that killed Jamey. They advised that without any drugs or alcohol in her sysytem, that they would not have gotten a conviction in this case. She agreed to a 20 year suspended sentence, which is basically like probabation. She will spend NO TIME IN JAIL OR PRISON!!!

My brother Paul (nhra68) put a post up today on the HotRod website forums section explaing all of this. You may want to jump over to there and read it.

We as a family appreciate all the concern and support we have received from everyone. Our sincere thanks to all.

John

Comment

Can't speak for the state of Alabama but here in California this crash would still have amounted to a felony in that the person who caused the crash was committing a violation with gross negligence that resulted in a death (passing on a hill). Don't have to have alcohol or drugs in their system. If they did, that is another felony violation. Now this does not mean that Ca would not have also attempted a plea bargain, but come on, no jail time? How disgusting for the state of Alabama. Now, hopefully you can and will proceed with an unlawful death lawsuit against this person and THEIR FAMILY!

My condolences to your entire family!
                              Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Working...
                              X