No announcement yet.

MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the 468BBC/700R/3.31, using the A/C with at total of 3390 miles. Low 7.6 mpg - high 14.9 mpg. The average for the PT was 12.0 mpg and I'm happy with that!

Mileage on the back roads sucked, with mpg usually under 10 mph. I got the best mileage at 75.

sigpic
    Once you've gone Rat, you'll never go back
    468 BBC
    Long Hauler 2011, 2012

Comment

On the 2010 PT we averaged about 11mpg for the 3500 mile trip. "Small block" 401 AMC Gremlin 998 TF 3:15 gears.
      No AC but the Sauna was working.
      For 2012 we are looking at a 1962 Rambler Cross Country wagon with the 401 and an AW4 OD trans and the same gears.
      Nick

Comment

lets see this past weekend filled fuel cell with 80gallons of fuel refilled 78 gallons at race mile 150 about 2 miles per gallon at 9.50 a gallon i think i have issues

Comment

Originally posted by nickleone View Post
          No AC but the Sauna was working.

um, yeah...that sauna sucked.

I was doing like 5 shirts a day...
          Last edited by Eliteman76; September 14, 2011, 06:09 PM.
          Andrew
          1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
          2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

I didnt bother to change till after the shower in the hotel room.
            I'm from Colorado where 30% humidity is damp.
            It rains at 74%.
            Our Gremlin is our ex Pro Rally car with ZERO insulation or carpets etc.

Nick

Comment

I averaged about 20-21MPG on the Tour...1995 Caprice wagon with close to 5000lbs of weight, iron-head LT1, 4L60E, I think 2.73 or 3.08 gears, 80MPH highway running, and running the A/C from about Richmond until we left Indy!

Saw a guy that had a gray-primered Chevy II with chrome Rally wheels and Tennessee plates...he had a 4.8/4L65E from a Chevy truck (totally stock), 3.08 gears in a stock housing, and claimed 27MPG at 75MPH with the A/C on. (Having said that, I suspect his car does not top 2500lbs!)

If I manage 15 next year, I'll be happy (I expect to be towing a trailer).
              John
              2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
              Detroit-Muskegon 2012
              Couldn't make 2013

Comment

jarlaxle, is this you?

4 big guys in that wagon. might help your mileage to make them pedal..
                HRPT Long Hauler 2011, 2012, 2014

Comment

Just remember why we do this.Save your $$ all year and don't worry about the mileage.
                  Longhauler 2009,2011
                  Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

Originally posted by ogre View Post
                    jarlaxle, is this you?

4 big guys in that wagon. might help your mileage to make them pedal..
                    If I remember right his is very similar but has no woodgrain on the sides - and he's more from New England I think, maybe R.I.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Jane has scheduled me to see a shrink, she thinks I need my head examined... Putting a 413 into the Fury will definitively affect my mileage.... I'm good with that....
                      Last edited by 66Fury3; October 20, 2011, 06:38 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                      1966 Plymouth Fury III
                      2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                      Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                      Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

My yellow Fiero (10 PTs) with the SC3800 gets 28 MPG and the wife's Fiero (2 PTs) - stock 4 banger gets 38 MPG

Comment

will bring the '69 Z......at reasonable highway speed, in 5th, can eke out 16 mpg........around town, though, down to about 12 mpg......rexdogg!

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                            If I remember right his is very similar but has no woodgrain on the sides - and he's more from New England I think, maybe R.I.
                            Yes, and yes...my wagon is white, no woodgrain, wire wheelcovers RI plates.

And it's a Caprice, that's a Roadmaster!
                            John
                            2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
                            Detroit-Muskegon 2012
                            Couldn't make 2013

Comment

Close enough for jazz as they say ----- Roadmaster - now there's a cool name for a car - kinda like the old Merucry Turnpike Cruiser.
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

I just mounted the new steel tank for the electrolyte in Dagmar. This weekend I should be installing the new pump and cells to get the Hydrogen system back up and running. Still shooting for what I got in June at 22-23 MPG out of the 541.
                                Power Tour 2009, 2010, 2011
                                Cruise Till It Hurts!

Comment

Working...
                                X