X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering, not pondering.

Hmmmm. Sometimes we wonder about things, but don't ponder them:

Definition of PONDER

1. to weigh in the mind : appraise (pondered their chances of success)

2. to think about : reflect on (pondered the events of the day)

Definition of WONDER

1. a : a cause of astonishment or admiration : marvel (it's a wonder you weren't killed), (the pyramid is a wonder to behold).
    b : miracle

2. the quality of exciting amazed admiration.

3. a : rapt attention or astonishment at something awesomely mysterious or new to one's experience
    b : a feeling of doubt or uncertainty.

So, I'm wondering why this hasn't received more attention here.......

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...s-from-HOTROD-.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

I just wonder about pondering.
    Longhauler 2009,2011
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

Originally posted by 65 mustang View Post
      I just wonder about pondering.
      I think you will find that pondering about wondering is more productive

Comment

I was wondering about the implications of said thread. Sucks but I assume it's just part of the biz. Never met Rob but from all I've heard, he's one of the good guys.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I think pondering leads to wondering sometimes.......or vice-versa.....
          I think I confused myself again.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            I think pondering leads to wondering sometimes.......or vice-versa.....
            I think I confused myself again.
            It happens and since I'm sampling some black IPA................aw crap I forgot what I was going to say.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Don't ponder to long, it might cause others to wonder about you...
              Dannie
              2010 Camaro SS
              Long Haul 2010/2011
              Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

Sorry Ed, I'm not much of a Wonder'er, so I won't be able to post here ....

Comment

Well, not wanting to infringe on Allen's thread, I was looking for a way to discuss Rob's departure from HRM.......this doesn't seem to be going anywhere so I'll take it down tomorrow.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Not sure what to think - it seems that the managing staff of most of the car rags move around quite a bit. It also seems like it can be a pretty demanding job with deadlines and lead time requirements. Hopefully he will find another opportunity quickly.

Comment

Oh come on Ed, we're just messing with ya.

Not many people seem to know that HRM just let Rob Kinnan go.
                      He's a good guy and I hope he finds something soon.

Comment

like everywhere. someone got a pink slip..
                        we'll never know the reason why HE was the one..
                        sometimes change is good..

Comment

Ed, Thank you for turning on the light about Rob.I had no idea at all....No we won't know why he got let go,but we all know he was a vital person with DF who got a lot of off the wall stuff done.. Rob was 50% of the editorial staff that did the writing for HotRod and between them, they got it done..I for one am sad we will only get 1/2 of the product we pay for next month..I guess I'll just look forward to more ad's.. Like I don't get enough on the Hot Rod forum..I'm sorry to rant so much,but I just hate to see the economy win. Good luck Rob and some how let us know you made a good move...
                          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Lets hope that Rob "leaving" HRM will be good for him. We had met Rob a few times over the years and he always seemed like one of the good guys. Best of luck to him and thanks for the heads up Ed.
                            Donna
                            Williamston, MI
                            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

I am surprised at his departure too, and will miss his articles. Hopefully somebody will let us know where he lands.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                              X