Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

311 MPH + on Motorcycle in Mile-and-a-half !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 311 MPH + on Motorcycle in Mile-and-a-half !!!

This story about my friend "Wild Bill" did not recieve the recognition it deserves .....

The LTA is please to announce that on Sunday, July 17th, Bill Warner became the first person to surpass 300 miles per hour sitting on a conventional motorcycle when he powered his way to a staggering 311.945 MPH at the 2011 Maine Event. We would like to congratulate Bill for his monumental achievement and also acknowledge the amount of dedication and personal sacrifice such a feat required.

Way to go Bill. Glad to hear he broke the record on a conventional bike.

Comment

That's BAD ASS, no matter how anyone looks at it!!
      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Why is this not a bigger story than this? This needs to be on the blog....
        Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

The last sentence of the announcement should have the word "balls" inserted just after the word dedication too.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

that's fast. the fastest i have ever been is on my really stock 90' ZX11 out on hiway 46. just shy of 185mph.
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
              that's fast.
              Especially when you consider it was from a standing start with only 1-1/2 miles to the traps !!!

Comment

Check out this video from his onboard camera ....

NASA's Space Shuttle program may be winding down, but Bill Warner continues to reach for the stars. On Sunday July 17th, 2011 at Loring Air Force Base, in Limestone, Maine, he became the first man to exceed 300 mph riding a sit-on motorcycle with a stunning 311.94 mph run. Bill would like to extend a special thanks to Ward Performance and Motors by Knecum for giving him the potential for the 1000 horsepower required to achieve his lifelong goal to be the first man to surpass 300 MPH on a motorcycle. Check out the on-board video of this historic moment.
                Last edited by Monster; August 18, 2011, 12:37 PM.

Comment

My God that looked just too easy and I know it wasn't. Woof! Way to go!
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

That video was so cool..... Steve was that a 10,000 ft runway?

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                    1966 Plymouth Fury III
                    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3 View Post
                      Steve was that a 10,000 ft runway?
                      Ed, yep, runway is 10,000 feet (2-1/2 miles) in length; 1-1/2 acceleration and 1 to slow down.

Tucked in a once secret and still secluded location of northeast United States, Loring Air Force Base in Limestone, Maine, a Strategic Air Command base, was the closest base in the continental United States to the Soviet Union east of the Urals, to Europe and to the Middle East. Loring was a megabase, with enormous capacity, second in all of SAC. The 42nd Bomb Wing originally flew the B-36 Peacemaker, converting later to the B-52 Stratofortress.

Last edited by Monster; August 19, 2011, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X