help me upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me upgrade

putting together a shopping list for my winter project. car 2004 gto engine ls1. what i am looking to do is get better performance and keep decent milage. 6 sp man trans. right now i am thinking, cam... cold air intake... intake.... throttlebody... asking for advice from someone who has build an ls1 and can give me some advice on which cam to go with. i know that to take full advantage of a cam swap, a tune is a must and will be done. looking for a decent bang for a buck while keeping drivability. right now, cam choice is up in the air, probable a k&n or volant intake, if speed by spectra gets a 2004 intake done i will go that route. probably either a ls6 intake or something close to that. if i can find a fast 90 intake and throttle body that would be awesome. who can offer me advice? does anybody here have a good idea or know somebody that i could call and talk to about? living in the middle of know where, very few people around here have done anything to an ls1. looking for help.

How about this?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
      he wants an upgrade not downgrade..

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
        he wants an upgrade not downgrade..
        this comment from someone who follows Red Green
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
          What's wrong with Alan's idea? It's what I have and it works for me..
          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA552SLOW View Post
            asking for advice from someone who has build an ls1 and can give me some advice on which cam to go with.
            We used Kurt Urban Performance for advise on our LS1 racing motor, which did 201 mph in 1-1/2 miles at Loring.
            Why don't you give them a call at (919) 523-3817 ?

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
              What's wrong with Alan's idea? It's what I have and it works for me..
              ford new they had a problem from the beginning, that's why the circled it right up front for even the worst mechanic can find it. thanks but no thanks. i love the ls series motors that gm has available and plan on keeping this car for a long time. i have the classic lines with my 67 and now i want to keep up the perfomance with the 04.

Comment

Working...
              X