General Lee vs. Bandit TA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Lee vs. Bandit TA

David just posted this video up on YouTube and it is a must see !!!

Here it is...Two of the most famous cars of all time in a an all out car chase, no matter which car is your favorite, everyone wins with this feature video shot in the Arkansas countryside with a real General Lee ... crank up your speakers and enjoy!

Look for this story on the cover of the November 2011 issue of Hot Rod Magazine.

Last edited by Monster; August 26, 2011, 07:19 AM.

Even thought it's a Mopar, I'm going to have to go with the General Lee.............
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

Comment

Mr. Kowalski would have kicked both their asses!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
        Mr. Kowalski would have kicked both their asses!
        McQueen would of kicked Kowalski's butt
        Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Dave The Bartender sent me a pic and told me he did the Tour in 2010 with the owner of the T/A and had a great time with him and his buddy who built the Buford T. Justice Cop Car.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
            Dave The Bartender sent me a pic and told me he did the Tour in 2010 with the owner of the T/A and had a great time with him and his buddy who built the Buford T. Justice Cop Car.

actually, the police car is co owned by clint and "just adam". just adam is the owner of the bandit car. in detroit two years ago, after most everyone had left the park, they where chasing each other around the parking lot, lights flashing. it was hilarious.
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

i would have to give it to the bandit's better handling.
              and even though lee's strong point is off road and jumping, bandit did alright in this catagory also.
              besides, bandit had a prettier passanger side seat cover.

as much as i am a ford man, bullit only had a 390. the white challanger had no handling.

as hard as this is to say, i got to give this one to the bandit

however, if we are talking about the movies....it's bullit hands down
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

ANY CAR THAT HAS T AND A AND BANDIT FOR A NAME= WIN
                I loved the duke boys and that car, but a mopar unit body makes the t/a look solid..
                the T/A for the win (pontiac 400/4spd,and ws6) please

tho I really reallu like the 10th anv car that is light charcoal and dark charcoal metalic with the bigest bird they ever installed..
                8" turbo wheels and graphite interior... ws6 stick,400 and 4w disc

Click image for larger version

Name:	1ee34a5b0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	857281
                Last edited by Stich496; August 26, 2011, 02:58 PM.

Comment

they should do it with kenny wayne shepards general lee and the modern year one bandit.

Comment

Originally posted by 1931s/x View Post
                    they should do it with kenny wayne shepards general lee and the modern year one bandit.
                    and throw in mcqueen's kid's bullit repop.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                      ... the white challanger had no handling...
                      If you make enough power you can push the suspension into the red zone if the driver is properly equiped.

It is all about perspective I suppose - Vanishing Point was almost spirtual for me - but that is a story I will chose not to share on the internet.

Comment

I am a ford guy and a General lee is SUPER high on my dream list (Maybe #1). I want one just like the show that is not perfect so I can do dumb shit in it.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                          If you make enough power you can push the suspension into the red zone if the driver is properly equiped.

It is all about perspective I suppose - Vanishing Point was almost spirtual for me - but that is a story I will chose not to share on the internet.
                          what, you once new of a girl that rode around on a motorcycle naked?
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                            actually, the police car is co owned by clint and "just adam". just adam is the owner of the bandit car. in detroit two years ago, after most everyone had left the park, they where chasing each other around the parking lot, lights flashing. it was hilarious.
                            Bruce, Bruce, Bruce,
                            It doesn't really matter, but without going into a bunch of explaination, that is not JAdam's car. It was a friend of his he met on the Smokey and the Bandit run, put on by Year One. I figured Year One had something to do with the General Lee video?

I am surprised there hasn't been more exposure with the cop car and a Bandit car. I wish I would have had a video camera when they did that high speed chase on the expressway, headed into Detroit in 09. It was "stupid" dangerous but man was it cool, and no one was arrested. Although I have a picture of you spread eagle up against a cruiser . . . holding a beer !

One beer away from being exposed and arrested DTB
                            DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Glad to see 'DTB' back....that other guy just wasn't quite the same.....
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X