No announcement yet.

And they're off..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun wish I were there.

Comment

Way too much fun.. Keep it up..
      I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
        correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought the classes were at the even numbers (10.00, 11.00, 12.00......etc).
        if that's the case, then boob's running too fast for 12.00 and way too slow for 11.00.
        I believe that in Daily Driver, fastest average for the top 25 make the brackets the last day. They take the average for the week subtract some time, and that's your number you have to run in the brackets on the last day.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

The latest text from Bob was around 8:00 pm and he said he and Alan were on their way to the next stop, Allen was speeding at the moment, and the car ran a 12.08 at 109. The heat was taking some out of the car. They had a small coolant leak but other than that, the 56 was doing well. He is 17th out of 100 in the daily driver class!!! GO MAN GO!!!!!
          HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
          DW- 12,16,17
          "Stay thirsty my friends"
          The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Boob's text last nite:

Have left amarillo tx
            turned in 12:32@109
            most everybody off
            out of 100 were 17th
            11:88
            car running sweet using a little water
            heading to TULSA O K. 403 MILES
            TEXAS is big
            drove a little on 66
            allen is speeding rolling bills pretty
            were 194miles jnto trip
            see as far as u can see
            bob
            Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 15, 2011, 07:35 AM.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
              I believe that in Daily Driver, fastest average for the top 25 make the brackets the last day. They take the average for the week subtract some time, and that's your number you have to run in the brackets on the last day.
              ahh, ok. thanks
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Here's the rules for DD:

DAILY DRIVER CATEGORY
                •Daily Driver has no limitations on drivetrain or body modifications. Cars quicker than 10.80 are not
                allowed in Daily Driver, and e.t. slips quicker than 10.80 will not be accepted.
                •Daily Driver entries are not eligible to win Drag Week™ overall.
                •Throttle stops and bracket-racing electronics of any kind are not allowed.
                •Daily Driver is based on an Open Comp format. Each car’s five-day average e.t. will be used to
                determine qualifying position on a 32-car ladder for a bracket race on the final day of Drag
                Week™. At tracks with e.t. slips to four decimals, all four will be included; if only three decimals are
                on the e.t. slip, then the fourth decimal will be zero. The e.t. averages will be taken out as many
                decimal places as required to determine qualifying. Ties will be broken by average mph. The race
                on the final day will be a 32-car field on a Sportsman ladder (1 races 17, 2 races 18, and so on)
                and a 0.500-second full tree. Normal breakout and first-or-worst rules apply. Each car’s dial-in for
                every round (the dial-in cannot be changed between rounds) will be the five-day average minus a
                tenth, so a weekly average of 12.20 gets a dial-in of 12.10; in the event that a car averages 10.89
                or quicker, the dial-in will be 10.80. Any run quicker than 10.80 will be considered a “worst” and will
                lose the round. The bracket-race winner will be the overall Daily Driver Champ. In the event of a
                rainout on the last day, the winner will be the quickest car with the best consistency throughout the
                week. But there are also a lot of other potential prizes for Daily Driver racers, so read on.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Here's the latest from Bob and Allen:

Finished at Tulsa raceway
                  great track
                  turned in a 11:70 @ 115
                  should be in position to get into 32 car field bracket race
                  today 19th out of 100
                  car is running well, race was real slow today with rain twice, two oil down, great traction broke some cars, one gasser steering broke and touched the wall,
                  reaction times have been B+, taking off exhaust pipes, installing Moroso tall front tires, new plugs, maybe add little timing,
                  hope to get in few more practice runs tomorrow, turn in decent time. And bracket race,
                  Keith and Martin are working a lot on nova but still on course and making race tracks
                  we have stories
                  bob

His run is at the 30 minute mark on the 'live video' coverage......
                  Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 15, 2011, 03:38 PM.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Ed, do you know which Nova is Keith's?
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Keith's is yellow with a wide, single black stripe. The other yellow one has 2 stripes.......and I think it's a '72.
                      Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 15, 2011, 04:23 PM.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

This is Bob's car on the Hot Rod FaceBook page for Day 3.
                        I'll post it here too in case you don't visit the drag week thread
                        Attached Files
                        So. Central PA
                        Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                          Keith's is yellow with a wide, single black stripe. The other yellow one has 2 stripes.......and I think it's a '72.
                          Here ya go buddy - there are more in my link too.
                          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Hey - it's not like the Holiday Inn pits but it it what it is - even Bish showed up for shop class.

Last edited by 70chevyC-10; September 15, 2011, 05:39 PM.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

So is Keith still in it or did he break?
                            Donna
                            Williamston, MI
                            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

good luck and best wishes to all of the participants, particularly Bob (1956NY150)....what a great adventure........rexdogg!

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                                So is Keith still in it or did he break?
                                I think he's 'officially' out of it, but I'm not sure of the reason.....according to Bob's text he's still running, maybe just because he can......haven't heard from him.
                                On the Day 3 results, he's shown in blue at the bottom of the page, with zeros for Amarillo........not a good sign.......
                                Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 15, 2011, 10:28 PM.
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                                X