No announcement yet.

And they're off..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm curious, what does Drag Week pay? Or does it pay anything at all???
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

Comment

so figure if your car can't run at least 12.00's next year, then you are probably just going along for the fun of the ride. i have a friend that wants to do it. his car is a little more serious though.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
        so figure if your car can't run at least 12.00's next year, then you are probably just going along for the fun of the ride. i have a friend that wants to do it. his car is a little more serious though.
        Daily Driver can't submit timeslips faster than 10.80 but if he has a fast car there is always the unlimited class HIGH 6s / low 7s!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
          I'm curious, what does Drag Week pay? Or does it pay anything at all???
          I think it pays out in good times and fun for all. With bonus for parts breakage. You know, like power tour on steroids
          Donna
          Williamston, MI
          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Here is a link that will help all of you.

This guy also has alot of cool pics of th hole week,
            Dave & Miss Money Penny
            Oshkosh, WI
            Long Hauler --- 2008/09/10/11 and now waiting for ..................

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
              I think it pays out in good times and fun for all. With bonus for parts breakage. You know, like power tour on steroids
              That's Absolutely Correct!
              Just being around those guys will get your 'drag fever' going, I guarantee it.......after being there for just part of it, I can see how it might grow into a much, much larger event, and that could cause some problems.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

12:34 or faster got u in DD

But the Bracket Race at the end for the 32 cars is the Deal to win (to bad on rain out in topeka)

If you review the time's the 32 cars

1/2 half of the cars could run at least a .10 their dial in

a few at .3 under

Danny morrison was running .70 under his dial in

so the bracket race.... would of could of ...........been fun
                56 was running .15 under dial in on friday at Topeka

There is a rumor if you win DD u get a jacket sometime.

Remembeer this car from Springfield Ms at drive-in
                Last edited by 1956NY150; September 23, 2011, 05:59 AM.

Comment

DD looks like a great way to enjoy the trip, my son Justin said he would need to go faster.....Yeah what ever, he has a 9 second car.
                  Anyways if I did DD I would really like to be fast enough (low 11's) to compete in the 32 car bracket. Bob or Allen how many cars were in DD? All the other classes take a whole bunch to try to win, my hats off to all the guys that lay "fast" passes each day and make the trip. We had a blast watching, looks like a pretty good fit for us. Maybe next year??
                  200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                  Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                    Bob or Allen how many cars were in DD?
                    Car count this year was 100 - cut off (according to Boob) was 12.32 for the 32 car field.
                    DD was ~50% bigger this year than last but the bump spot was only ABOUT .18 seconds faster.
                    The fastest you can go is 10.80 without electronics (not throttle stop racing)!

I would like to see them do some kind of heads-up racing in each of the classes - I think it would make a better final day for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                      Car count this year was 100 - cut off (according to Boob) was 12.32 for the 32 car field.
                      DD was ~50% bigger this year than last but the bump spot was only ABOUT .18 seconds faster.
                      The fastest you can go is 10.80 without electronics (not throttle stop racing)!

I would like to see them do some kind of heads-up racing in each of the classes - I think it would make a better final day for everyone.
                      i disagree. headsup would mean if you where slower, you didn't have a chance. with bracket racing, a 12 sec car has just as much a chance as a 10.80 car of winning.
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                        i disagree. headsup would mean if you where slower, you didn't have a chance. with bracket racing, a 12 sec car has just as much a chance as a 10.80 car of winning.
                        You have either misunderstood what I meant or are confused.

The other classes don't have a limit - they are awarded on the fastest average time for the five days. I would like to see them run heads up just like the pro classes do in NHRA - with the fast car racing the slowest car style ladder. The driver SHOULD be an important aspect of the overal combination and as it is now, in those other classes there is no driver involvement (other than keeping it off the walls which I don't mean to discount in the faster classes).

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                          You have either misunderstood what I meant or are confused.

The other classes don't have a limit - they are awarded on the fastest average time for the five days. I would like to see them run heads up just like the pro classes do in NHRA - with the fast car racing the slowest car style ladder. The driver SHOULD be an important aspect of the overal combination and as it is now, in those other classes there is no driver involvement (other than keeping it off the walls which I don't mean to discount in the faster classes).
                          i was speaking of the daily driver class, and thought that was what you where talking about. it sounds like what you are saying is that you where talking about the other classes, which based on my understanding, does not race each other the last day?, and you think they should?
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                          X