X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solsticefun
    replied
    Re: Choices????? Man I hate choices!!

Needles to say Bob, I slept on the couch that night with one eye open. Na, she is a really good sport for putting up with me. ;D

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied

Originally posted by BluLightning
    Originally posted by Solsticefun
    Be wise and choose your mistakes wisely, cause you will pay!!

Thats no lie, since I am doing the Tour this year, and for doing it last year. I got the look twice, and now I owe the wife a Tropical vacation. I suggested the back yard in August, and boy you should have seen the look then. :o
    I hope you said that as you were running out the door! ;D I got lucky with my wife. She loves to travel in the car. Hell when we were in Floriday in February, we drove 4 hours one way to Key West for lunch!
    Did you try the local chicken?

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied

Originally posted by Solsticefun

Thats no lie, since I am doing the Tour this year, and for doing it last year. I got the look twice, and now I owe the wife a Tropical vacation. I suggested the back yard in August, and boy you should have seen the look then. :o
    I hope you said that as you were running out the door! ;D I got lucky with my wife. She loves to travel in the car. Hell when we were in Floriday in February, we drove 4 hours one way to Key West for lunch!

Leave a comment:

• Solsticefun
    replied

Leave a comment:

• blktie96ss
    replied

I hate to play the one up game but I have gotten the ulimate Power Tour look! Back in 05 when we pulled into Milwaukee after driving in from Tulsa I got the call that my wife was in labor a month early! I flew home early Sat. spent time with mamma and daughter and then got up Sunday to fly back and do the long haul. I have been paying for the look I got that morning for the past 3 years!!!!

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied

Originally posted by cobra
    Originally posted by Beagle
    "the look" is a carefully cultivated stare of death. They learned it from mom. Remember the "look" mom would give you after this exchange?

Mom: You can't go outside, you haven't finished your homework
    You: Oh... yeah... ummmm... we didn't get any homework today.
    Mom: issues "the look"

GF / SO version of the look is usually tuned to make the male of the partnership's butt pucker. If you really want to see it, get tossed in jail with a married buddy when you're both out partying. Call his wife to come get you both out. Ask her if she'll take you both to breakfast. Lemme know if you don't get "the look".

Placating "the look" is difficult. Ignoring "the look" can lead to serious injury and / or singleness. Recovery and reparations from mishandling "the look" can range from trips to Lowe's for flowers you will have to plant to trips to Kay's Jeweler's for things you won't wear. Identification and remedy are key. I was a little slow at identifying "the look", guess that explains why I'm not married (any more).

Nice wheels....
    now i get it..."THE LOOK"
    the power tour is my anniversary. the day i was leaving for my first power tour, was the day the ex girl freind was moving out of the house. i wish i understood this "look" thing sooner......ahhh, no i don't.

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied

Originally posted by Beagle
    "the look" is a carefully cultivated stare of death. They learned it from mom. Remember the "look" mom would give you after this exchange?

Mom: You can't go outside, you haven't finished your homework
    You: Oh... yeah... ummmm... we didn't get any homework today.
    Mom: issues "the look"

GF / SO version of the look is usually tuned to make the male of the partnership's butt pucker. If you really want to see it, get tossed in jail with a married buddy when you're both out partying. Call his wife to come get you both out. Ask her if she'll take you both to breakfast. Lemme know if you don't get "the look".

Placating "the look" is difficult. Ignoring "the look" can lead to serious injury and / or singleness. Recovery and reparations from mishandling "the look" can range from trips to Lowe's for flowers you will have to plant to trips to Kay's Jeweler's for things you won't wear. Identification and remedy are key. I was a little slow at identifying "the look", guess that explains why I'm not married (any more).

Nice wheels....
    now i get it..."THE LOOK"

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied

I can hardly wait till I start building the 54. I'm sure I'll get that look a lot more. ;D

Leave a comment:

• Solsticefun
    replied

OHH the look, not good.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied

I've got that look many times. :o

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied

Originally posted by cobra
    what's this "look" everyone keeps talking about....oh, wait, i'm not married, so i guess i wouldn't understand.
    Perhaps if you do some analysis of that statement you will be faced with one of those critical "lifestyle" choices where you decide to purchase your companionship when needed. :o : :'(

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied

Originally posted by blktie96ss
    Plus it is the only car with a line lock!!!!
    I assume you mean in your stable as I can assure you it won't be the only car on tour with one. :o

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied

what's this "look" everyone keeps talking about....oh, wait, i'm not married, so i guess i wouldn't understand.

Leave a comment:

• blktie96ss
    replied

I don't want to sound like a spoiled brat (because I have worked for everything I got), but I hate to burn all my fun money up on the tour for gas when I have a cig. boat sitting in my shop that does that enough as it is. I would like to be able to do more than float this year when I am at the lake. I am still working on the Monte and will do all I can to make it with that car. However I need to get some miles on the new motor before I venture to far. Plus it is the only car with a line lock!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 67BlueSS
    replied

I don't know what MPG whine is about. Last year I spent $950.00 on fuel and this year it will be less miles so I am hoping to come in under a grand this year. My plan is to drive slower and do more BURNOUTS!! :o :

Leave a comment:

Working...
X