X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cubby
    replied
    Re: Choices????? Man I hate choices!!

My 29 chevy truck averaged 13 miles per gallon last year. The cost of gas was over $800. I am hoping the 46 will be ready to go. Glass is being installed now. I am hoping with 2.89 gears and a 305 it will get at least 20 mpg. Both would be cool. The 29 sure got a lot of looks. Gas this year, the 29 around $685 and the 46 around 442. The 46 will get finished.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied

Originally posted by BluLightning
    The only way my wagon would make the trip this year is on a flatbed!
    That is funny and I'm glad you still have a sense of humor, but I hear you ...

Leave a comment:

• 55lincoln
    replied

Originally posted by blktie96ss
    Well I have finally sat down and put pen to paper along with the old calculator and perform the dreaded gas cost of the long haul for me this year! I was bored at work tonight!!!!LOL!!! I am still thrashing away on the Monte SS Aerocoupe and I got the motor almost together but I started thinking about gas again which lead to this ordeal, so here are the numbers.

96 Impala SS = 24 mpg even with all the mods to motor 5 time long haul car!
    87 Buick GN= 22mpg when no boost and last years long haul car
    87 Monte Aerocoupe= 16 mpg at least thats what it got 3 years ago when running.
    66 Plymouth Satellite= Lots of cool factor with 440 bb and 3.55's Averages about 9mpg

I will drive a minimum of 2250 miles roundtrip this year not knowing the daily routes this is an estimate.

The cost per car assuming 3.80 for 91 octance which will probably be low by tour time!

Impala: $353
    Buick: $391
    Monte: $532
    Satellite: Forget it!!!

To me the choice is clear since at these prices but I still have to work it out in my head! The Impala has been a great long haul car but has been beat on many times for the long haul. The luxuries of the car are great with the stereo/tv and all. I may end up with the Buford again this year if I can get the clutch replaced on the a/c compressor in time. Like I said CHOICES!!!!! Arghhh!
    what choice
    The Satelitte second the GN
    my choices are my Lincoln about 12 mpg and great fun factor or 2000 trans am convertible goor mpg & air
    LINCOLN no doubt

only once a year bite the bullet

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied

Hey at least you got them! ;D The only way my wagon would make the trip this year is on a flatbed! ;D

Leave a comment:

• blktie96ss
    started a topic Choices????? Man I hate choices!!

Choices????? Man I hate choices!!

Well I have finally sat down and put pen to paper along with the old calculator and perform the dreaded gas cost of the long haul for me this year! I was bored at work tonight!!!!LOL!!! I am still thrashing away on the Monte SS Aerocoupe and I got the motor almost together but I started thinking about gas again which lead to this ordeal, so here are the numbers.

96 Impala SS = 24 mpg even with all the mods to motor 5 time long haul car!
    87 Buick GN= 22mpg when no boost and last years long haul car
    87 Monte Aerocoupe= 16 mpg at least thats what it got 3 years ago when running.
    66 Plymouth Satellite= Lots of cool factor with 440 bb and 3.55's Averages about 9mpg

I will drive a minimum of 2250 miles roundtrip this year not knowing the daily routes this is an estimate.

The cost per car assuming 3.80 for 91 octance which will probably be low by tour time!

Impala: $353
    Buick: $391
    Monte: $532
    Satellite: Forget it!!!

To me the choice is clear since at these prices but I still have to work it out in my head! The Impala has been a great long haul car but has been beat on many times for the long haul. The luxuries of the car are great with the stereo/tv and all. I may end up with the Buford again this year if I can get the clutch replaced on the a/c compressor in time. Like I said CHOICES!!!!! Arghhh!
Working...
X