Choices????? Man I hate choices!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Choices????? Man I hate choices!!

I hate to play the one up game but I have gotten the ulimate Power Tour look! Back in 05 when we pulled into Milwaukee after driving in from Tulsa I got the call that my wife was in labor a month early! I flew home early Sat. spent time with mamma and daughter and then got up Sunday to fly back and do the long haul. I have been paying for the look I got that morning for the past 3 years!!!!
    Be wise and choose your mistakes wisely, cause you will pay!!

Comment

Thats no lie, since I am doing the Tour this year, and for doing it last year. I got the look twice, and now I owe the wife a Tropical vacation. I suggested the back yard in August, and boy you should have seen the look then. :o
      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun

Thats no lie, since I am doing the Tour this year, and for doing it last year. I got the look twice, and now I owe the wife a Tropical vacation. I suggested the back yard in August, and boy you should have seen the look then. :o
        I hope you said that as you were running out the door! ;D I got lucky with my wife. She loves to travel in the car. Hell when we were in Floriday in February, we drove 4 hours one way to Key West for lunch!
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning

I hope you said that as you were running out the door! ;D I got lucky with my wife. She loves to travel in the car. Hell when we were in Floriday in February, we drove 4 hours one way to Key West for lunch!
          Did you try the local chicken?

Comment

Needles to say Bob, I slept on the couch that night with one eye open. Na, she is a really good sport for putting up with me. ;D
            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn

No I had the conch. Yes I said conch! ;D
              I R Bob
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

How funny you went from what car to choose and the gas cost to whether or not you got permission (or the LOOK) from the significant other!!!

We certainly know where our priorities are.

My choice is easy - 2 cars in the shop not ready til July, one car ready to go.
                69 Camaro this year (with factory a/c that works!). Plus spent a small fortune this winter replacing the 3 speed auto THM350 with a 4 speed 700R4 transmission - so the price of gas is now irrelevant since the car will get better mileage with the additional gear.

Besides we are already paying the equivalent of US$4.75 a gallon in Toronto so paying US$4.00 on the PT is a bonus. :

Comment

fritter, chowder or salad? conch is the local chicken for key west. along with some real key lime pie...now that's good eats.
                  how did you make it from kissemmee to key west in four hours? usually you have to go to the cape to see a rocket. ;D
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra

fritter, chowder or salad? conch is the local chicken for key west. along with some real key lime pie...now that's good eats.
                    how did you make it from kissemmee to key west in four hours? usually you have to go to the cape to see a rocket. ;D
                    Conch fritters, Yummy! We made it from Lauderdale to KW in 4 hours. We spent a week up in St. Augustine then a week in Lauderdale.
                    I R Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 60scarguy
                      How funny you went from what car to choose and the gas cost to whether or not you got permission (or the LOOK) from the significant other!!!

We certainly know where our priorities are.

My choice is easy - 2 cars in the shop not ready til July, one car ready to go.
                      69 Camaro this year (with factory a/c that works!). Plus spent a small fortune this winter replacing the 3 speed auto THM350 with a 4 speed 700R4 transmission - so the price of gas is now irrelevant since the car will get better mileage with the additional gear.

Besides we are already paying the equivalent of US$4.75 a gallon in Toronto so paying US$4.00 on the PT is a bonus. :
                      Well it is starting to not really matter now. I am still waiting on parts for the 350 that goes back in the Monte. The A/C compressor is starting to make a nasty noise on the GN and the Mopar will just cost way to much. So the Impala is starting to become the front runner slowly. I am still working on the Monte Carlo but I work at a glass plant and we will start heating up a new furnace in a week or so, which means my 40 hr weeks will go to 60+ probably.

Comment

R4's aren't that expensive, good time to go to R134a even. They are already making a Turbo Regal spares list over on www.turbobuick.com so that'll help you bring that one along with more confidence.
                        Central TEXAS Sleeper
                        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I'm lucky. My wife loves the Power Tour. We look forward to going together each year. It would be hard to live with me if she didn't like cars.
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71
                            I'm lucky. My wife loves the Power Tour. We look forward to going together each year. It would be hard to live with me if she didn't like cars.
                            i know how hard it is living with a wife that's not into cars. some times it makes buying parts and going to car shows kinda interesting. :

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71
                              That's a good thing....I have two older cars, a '69 Z/28, and a '70 Chevelle SS 454 (both restored); my wife, a wonderful human being, would not get into either car if I put a bag with a million bucks, in hundreds, on the front seat....I think she realizes that the cars have some value, but she ain't getting in, no way, no how....

Comment

Originally posted by cobra

Conch fritters, Yummy! We made it from Lauderdale to KW in 4 hours. We spent a week up in St. Augustine then a week in Lauderdale.
                                i grew up in south florida and the family is from baltimore. my 81 year old pop makes incredable conch anything and mom makes a mean key lime pie. now thats good eats. St. Augustine does make a great romantic weekend get away. sounds like you enjoyed florida. glad to hear that.
                                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                                X