Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 HRPT Hotels

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Phil View Post
    Good sleuthing! Just two more stops to figure out. My guesses are St. Louis and Springfield, Mo. The distances just work well in my opinion, but that's just my opinion.

    Gwen
    The distance from Champaign, IL (3rd stop) to Stillwater, OK (6th stop) is about 640 miles....so, with two stops in between....
    one would think that there would be at least one stop somewhere in Missouri; if I were guessing, I would say, Champaign to either St. Louis or Columbia, MO, then to Joplin, MO (or Topeka?), then on to Stillwater..........rexdogg!
    Last edited by rexdogg; November 16, 2011, 09:10 PM.

    Comment


    • I am thinking either somewhere in the middle of MO and then Topeka
      or
      St Louis than Springfield, MO
      on the way to St Louis lunch stop at Effingham again.
      Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

      Comment


      • Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
        I am thinking either somewhere in the middle of MO and then Topeka
        or
        St Louis than Springfield, MO
        on the way to St Louis lunch stop at Effingham again.
        good ideas/guesses........there were some early rumors re: PT stops that lined up with yours......Springfield, MO, has been a stop before (great hot rod town); middle of MO also an early rumor.......I guess we'll see.........rexdogg!

        Comment


        • I'm still leaning toward St. Louis to Springfield, MO.....then Stillwater. The driving time works better than St. Louis to Topeka. But, just my opinion and we'll find out soon.......hopefully

          Gwen

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Leon View Post
            They have denied stuff in the past only to have it be the truth.
            Classic, simply classic
            nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

            "They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

            Comment


            • Just booked Best Western Paradise Inn, Savoy, IL for 86.90..... 5 done 2 to go....

              Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
              1966 Plymouth Fury III
              2014 Dodge Ram 1500
              Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
              Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

              Comment


              • Had that reservation for 3 weeks now! holiday inn on Killarney st. champaign,il. also have SPRINGFIELD,MO. reserved that one back in august. 3 days cause i wasnt sure which one would work.
                Last edited by MIKEE; November 17, 2011, 05:16 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MIKEE View Post
                  Had that reservation for 3 weeks now! holiday inn on Killarney st. champaign,il. pasthave SPRINGFIELD,MO. reserved that one back in august. 3 days cause i wasnt sure which one would work.
                  Hello, Mikee.....I'm in at the HI on Killarney (with a backup at the HEI); both have Killarney addresses (they're across the street from each other in Urbana, IL (sister city to Champaign, which has a lot of nice hotels). I've stayed at the HI on Killarney in the past, it's like a Holidome (rooms face a huge atrium, with a restaurant, bar, small indoor swimming pool); stayed there for Ill h.s. f.b. games; anyway, much newer HEI across the roadway, lots of parking....
                  Last edited by rexdogg; November 17, 2011, 10:29 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                    Hello, Mikee.....I'm in at the HI on Killarney (with a backup at the HEI); both have Killarney addresses (they're across the street from each other in Urbana, IL (sister city to Champaign, which has a lot of nice hotels). I've stayed at the HI on Killarney in the past, it's like a Holidome (rooms face a huge atrium, with a restaurant, bar, small indoor swimming pool); stayed there for Ill h.s. f.b. games; anyway, much newer HEI across the roadway, lots of parking....
                    hey rexxy, 1003 killarney st. and 1001 killarney st. have both covered. holidome thing works for the rainy nite get-togethers.
                    Last edited by MIKEE; November 18, 2011, 09:30 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MIKEE View Post
                      hey rexxy, 1003 killarney st. believe its a holidome. goode for the rainy nite get-togethers.
                      agreed........anyone hear anything about the two stops after Champaign?

                      Comment


                      • I just booked the Comfort Suites Urbana.. $116 total with room taxes.. And it is a lot cheaper and right next to both Holiday Inn's on Killarney..Just trying to save a buck or two..Great reviews and nice looking inside..
                        I just love my Hot Rods.

                        Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

                        Comment


                        • We booked the Best Western Paradise Inn by Champaign. $72.
                          Last edited by moparjim71; November 19, 2011, 12:30 PM.
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

                          Comment


                          • Champaign just made FAMILY EVENTS site today.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MIKEE View Post
                              Champaign just made FAMILY EVENTS site today.
                              agreed....wonder when they'll respond with the other two stops..........rexdogg!

                              Comment


                              • Looked at the Family Events hotel link yesterday and boy have the rooms gotten pricey!!

                                Linda

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X