No announcement yet.

2012 HRPT Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it's Wednesday, just checking to see what the latest rumor was for the missing stop. Seems announcements make it here on Wednesdays lately....

Heard a rumor of a park in STL, but that would be a cluster to get in and out of, and the last time the tour was there was 1997 (Boyd Coddington was signing autographs) so I don't put much value in the rumor. The amount of vehicles alone has to have doubled or trippled since then. Who else here attended in the 90's?
    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

• I was on the '99 East tour. I know we stopped there in St.Louis in 2002, and again since then, maybe 2004, but my memory is getting fuzzy.
      Non-denominational car nut.
      Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
      Do you go all the way?

Comment

• 99 East Long Haul

Here is a poor picture of the 99 east long haul photo
        Attached Files

Comment

• There was a stop at Gateway in 2004. All the locals came out to race so not many participants got to make runs. That was the last sunny day that year as we woke to rain and it continued all the way through to the end!

Linda

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil View Post
            Hahaha now thats the size of just the bngshift croud. What ws the final count that year? 200?
            The youngest guy on the board
            76 vega
            86 fiero

Comment

• According to an article by Hot Rod back in 2000, there were almost 200 Long Hauler cars and almost 300 people, not including any vendors. All we know in our house is that the 1999 East PT started the obsession. Except for the 2003 PT - we took the Fiero to a show in WI that year - and the one year Phil had trouble with the Fiero on PT and couldn't continue, he has been on 12 Power Tours and has been a Long Hauler 11 times. 2012 will be his 13th PT.

Gwen (Phil's wife)

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil View Post
                The good old days, my first tour was '98 East. Back then, you actually recognized everybody from day to day. Now you're lucky to see the same people twice!

Comment

• Although the tour is pretty big, we see almost all of the freaks on a daily basis even if it is just to ask them how their day is going and if they have has any problems or need any help.
                  Jim & Maureen
                  There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                  HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

• We went on our first Power Tour in 1997, and was cleaning my shop yesterday when I found our credentials from the 1999 tour. We joined it in St. Louis. I remember being amazed at the number of cars then. Our registration number was in the 1000's!
                    Originally posted by 200kss View Post
                    Well it's Wednesday, just checking to see what the latest rumor was for the missing stop. Seems announcements make it here on Wednesdays lately....

Heard a rumor of a park in STL, but that would be a cluster to get in and out of, and the last time the tour was there was 1997 (Boyd Coddington was signing autographs) so I don't put much value in the rumor. The amount of vehicles alone has to have doubled or trippled since then. Who else here attended in the 90's?
                    Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                    Gregg and Deb Miller
                    Verona, Wi.

Comment

• as noted below, the Tuesday stop is Gateway Motorsports Park (formerly Gateway International Raceway), Madison, IL.....

Bonnier LLC is an outdoor adventure company that fuels passion for fishing, boating, sailing, motorsports, hunting and travel.

Bonnier LLC is an outdoor adventure company that fuels passion for fishing, boating, sailing, motorsports, hunting and travel.
                      Last edited by rexdogg; January 3, 2012, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Guess that makes it official.......
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Updated:

Detroit Best Western Georgian Inn $78
                          Muskegon Holiday Inn $172
                          Champaign BW Paradise Inn $72
                          St. Louis BW Kirkwood Inn $99
                          Miami OK Hampton Inn $89
                          Stillwater BW Cimmaron $108
                          Arlington BW Irving Inn $68
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• We are keeping our reservations near Gateway in case they do something late that night (which I doubt). We also made a reservation in Fenton,MO to get a little jump on the next days drive and avoid having to cross the river into St Louis in the morning.
                            Donna
                            Williamston, MI
                            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• We are driving home after Gateway. It's only 2 hours to the house and we will have a jump on the trip to Miami. We can pick up clean clothes and save on a hotel.
                              Jim & Maureen
                              There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                              HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                                We are keeping our reservations near Gateway in case they do something late that night (which I doubt). We also made a reservation in Fenton,MO to get a little jump on the next days drive and avoid having to cross the river into St Louis in the morning.
                                did the same........

Comment

Working...
                                X