No announcement yet.

2012 HRPT Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are staying at Hotel Jim & Maureen on Tuesday evening. The rate is really cheap. Do not stay in Fairview Heights. I do not care what hotel it is. Fairview Heights is an extension of East St. Louis and you do not want to be there after dark. If you do decide to stay there, you very well may be looking for a ride on Wednesday morning. The HIE in Fenton is just fine and the neighbors aren't too bad.

Hot Rod now shows the Proving Grounds as the venue. We have reservations at the HI on VanDyke and at the HIE in Wixom just in case.
    Last edited by 69SS 350 5 Speed; January 4, 2012, 06:45 PM.
    Jim & Maureen
    There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
    HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by 69SS 350 5 Speed View Post
      We are staying at Hotel Jim & Maureen on Tuesday evening. The rate is really cheap. Do not stay in Fairview Heights. I do not care what hotel it is. Fairview Heights is an extension of East St. Louis and you do not want to be there after dark. If you do decide to stay there, you very well may be looking for a ride on Wednesday morning. The HIE in Fenton is just fine and the neighbors aren't too bad.
      Ok then, will be canceling that reservation and go with the Fenton one...Thx
      Dannie
      2010 Camaro SS
      Long Haul 2010/2011
      Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

• Good call to stay in the Fenton area instead of the East side of STL. Coming from a local, you can find plenty of places to eat, etc. and not be near the East STL crowd which is a huge bonus. Also, being down I-44 a bit will help with the long drive the next morning. I'll be sleeping in my own bed that night and cutting across country to meet I-44 then down to Joplin. Really happy the venue wasn't Bush Stadium, as that would be a traffic nightmare.

So, who else is confused on the Proving Ground annoucement? I'm looking at hotels near Milford as a backup just in case they have us there.
        GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

• Originally posted by 200kss View Post
          So, who else is confused on the Proving Ground announcement? I'm looking at hotels near Milford as a backup just in case they have us there.
          I have a reservation at the HI in Wixom just in case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leon View Post
            Ditto.
            Dannie
            2010 Camaro SS
            Long Haul 2010/2011
            Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

• so now i have 3 reservations for Fri 1st Sat 2nd for 3 possible different venues ... Utica (Mnt Clemens), Warren (GM Tech Center) and now Wixom (GM Proving Grounds)

So which one is it???

... when will we ever get the 100%? .... Maybe when the driving directions come out maybe?

Debating on what to do with Madison... might be drags there that night and would love to be around for those... but also like the idea of getting down the road some with that long leg to Miami, OK??? and STL traffic?? Was thinking more like Eureka, over by the six flags...should be a safe area??? ... maybe hit six flags up too... i am season pass holder!
              Last edited by GTPilot88; January 4, 2012, 10:43 PM.
              Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

• Originally posted by 69SS 350 5 Speed View Post
                We are staying at Hotel Jim & Maureen on Tuesday evening. The rate is really cheap. Do not stay in Fairview Heights. I do not care what hotel it is. Fairview Heights is an extension of East St. Louis and you do not want to be there after dark. If you do decide to stay there, you very well may be looking for a ride on Wednesday morning. The HIE in Fenton is just fine and the neighbors aren't too bad.

Hot Rod now shows the Proving Grounds as the venue. We have reservations at the HI on VanDyke and at the HIE in Wixom just in case.
                Based on the info posted by Hot Rod yesterday, we also made a reservation at the HIE on Alpha Dr. in Wixom. We are keeping our other reservations just in case

Hey Boob, I sent you a text
                Last edited by redragtop; January 5, 2012, 03:52 AM.
                Donna
                Williamston, MI
                Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                  Based on the info posted by Hot Rod yesterday, we also made a reservation at the HIE on Alpha Dr. in Wixom. We are keeping our other reservations just in case

Hey Boob, I sent you a text
                  When I get home, I'll get a room in wixom as well.
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• "So, who else is confused on the Proving Ground annoucement? I'm looking at hotels near Milford as a backup just in case they have us there. "

There seems to be some confusion on this, based on the FE site that says "GM Proving Grounds" (lots of back and forth on the HR board, too); but, if one looks at the list of hotels on the first stop, and their "distance from the venue" (i.e., the HI on Warren is something like 0.4 miles away), some have said that FE mixed up the terminology between the GM Proving Grounds (Milford) and the GM Tech Center (Warren)......anyone have a reliable contact with HR?

oops......correction......just ran the HR site, shows the Proving Grounds in Milford......

so, I guess I'm off to Wixom.......
                    Last edited by rexdogg; January 5, 2012, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• thanks donna
                      the text worked and i made reservations this am
                      boob

Comment

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                        also I booked a room /1 and 6/2 at Comfort Suites 28049 Wixom Rd. Wixom, MI.
                        *will cancel one or the other of course *
                        6/1 & 6/2 - Comfort Inn Hall Road - Utica, MI.
                        6/3 - Red Roof Inn - Seaway Drive - Muskegon
                        6/4 -Quality Inn - Market View Dr. - Champaign
                        6/5 - Comfort Inn - 8 Commerce Dr. - Collinsville, IL.
                        6/6 - Microtel Inn - Steve Owens Blvd. - Miami, OK.
                        6/7 - Days Inn - 6th. St. - Stillwater
                        6/8 - Rodeway Inn - N. Watson - Arlington
                        btt after edit
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Just booked us at the Comfort Suites on Wixom with our back-up at Fairfield Inn Warren just in case there's still confusion going on.

I bet the Convention Bureau in Mt. Clemens isn't too happy after the press release they did awhile back!

Comment

• I also booked Wixom at the Holiday Inn Express for two nights..And I'm with you guys about where we are going. One city will be pissed off at all the cancelations that will come down when the real city is named..Will the real city please stand up !!!!!!

Also booked Holiday Inn Express on Bowles in Fenton for Tuesday..I think I'm done. All I have left to do on reservations is to cancel 2 when we find out what we are doing..
                            Last edited by street72; January 5, 2012, 10:23 AM.
                            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

• We are at Wixom too for Friday and Saturday nights, not double booking cities...getting too old to remember to cancel them! Booked Fenton, Mo and Miami, Ok. Will have to finish up soon.

Linda

Comment

• Originally posted by Leon View Post
                                Originally posted by SoCalCamaro View Post
                                Ditto.
                                Just made a reservation there too...
                                sigpic
                                Once you've gone Rat, you'll never go back
                                468 BBC
                                Long Hauler 2011, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X