No announcement yet.

2012 HRPT Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might just have to try the HI in Perry, OK since they have the Stillwater blocked out.

Comment

Detroit Hotels might be getting more expensive and scarce too -

DETROIT – Chevrolet today announced a multi-year agreement with the Penske Corporation and INDYCAR to bring professional motorsports to the Motor City for the first time in four years. The first Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix will be held June 1-3, 2012 at the picturesque 2.1-mile Raceway at Belle Isle Park road course.
      “Chevrolet has a long, storied history in Indy car racing,” said Mark Reuss, president, GM North America. “This year we celebrated the shared centennial of Chevrolet and the Indianapolis 500. We're excited to see that history continue with the help of Penske Corporation and INDYCAR bringing back open-wheel racing to Detroit in 2012. This city is a natural for racing – it put the world on wheels and the roar of engines is something that simply belongs here."
      Detroit’s historic Belle Isle Park will host four races during the three-day event, including:
      • The Chevrolet Indy Grand Prix presented by shopautoweek.com, where Chevrolet’s new twin-turbo V-6 race engines will compete in the IZOD IndyCar Series
      • The Chevrolet Detroit Sports Car Challenge where Chevrolet Daytona Prototypes and Camaros will compete in the first GRAND-AM Rolex Series race held on Belle Isle
      • The Cadillac V-Series Challenge at Belle Isle, where Cadillac CTS-Vs will compete in the second Pirelli World Challenge series race held on Belle Isle
      • The Firestone Indy Light Series race, featuring the rising stars of open-wheel racing

“Chevrolet has been instrumental in bringing motorsports back to Detroit,” said Penske Corp. Chairman Roger Penske. “The Grand Prix will draw international attention and visitors to Belle Isle – which is one of the most-scenic race venues in the United States. We believe the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix will be one of the most-popular races in the IZOD IndyCar Series and will play a major role in continuing the renaissance of Detroit.”
      Indy car racing has developed a global audience. The 2011 IZOD IndyCar Series, which concludes Oct. 16, includes 17 events in the United States, Canada, Brazil, and Japan, reaching an estimated television audience of 191 million people in 200 countries.
      The Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix was last held in 2007 and 2008. Based on estimates from the Detroit Metro Convention and Visitors Bureau, those two events combined attracted more than 200,000 visitors, and brought more than $100 million to the Detroit Metro economy.
      "We are thrilled to be able to bring the Detroit Grand Prix back to Belle Isle,” said Detroit Mayor Dave Bing. "Thanks to the support of INDYCAR, Penske Corporation and Chevrolet, we will once again host one of the world's most prestigious motorsports events."
      For more information and to sign up for tickets to the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix, please visit www.detroitgp.com. Learn more about the event through social media by visiting www.twitter.com/detroitgpand www.facebook.com/detroitgp.
      Last edited by 70chevyC-10; October 14, 2011, 06:01 AM.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by classicbern1 View Post
        leon what you recommend I do call family events for the individual hotels and how do you get a club
        Bern - pitcher for the Rangers (Mike Adams) reminds me of you dude.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Phil,

Detroit will be busting at the seems with Power Tour and the 200,000 visitors for the races..... Wow! What a party and big $$$$ for Detroit....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
          1966 Plymouth Fury III
          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

yep and they need it too.... I would have picked a different week for my own personal reasons though.
            I'm waiting for the actual announcement before I make any hotel reservations and this might bite me in the you know what.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

If this is a set date for the race..Then get your rooms NOW before the hotels find out about the race coming to town..
              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                If this is a set date for the race..Then get your rooms NOW before the hotels find out about the race coming to town..
                Phil's post is correct...Was on the news today. The races are going to happen. Belle Isle is downtown Detroit, so approx. 12 miles away. It may or may not effect motel rooms in the area. We have our rooms already, but if you don't you had better get cracking.
                Last edited by redragtop; October 14, 2011, 01:32 PM.
                Donna
                Williamston, MI
                Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Sounds like I better get the Detroit room.
                  Last edited by moparjim71; October 14, 2011, 02:07 PM.
                  Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by Leon View Post
                    I might just have to try the HI in Perry, OK since they have the Stillwater blocked out.
                    The HI in Stillwater looks like its booked/blocked out (Family Events?).....anyway, there's a Best Western and a Hampton in Stillwater (I think), and a HI in Perry, OK (north a little bit) and in Edmond, OK (south some on the interstate)........rexdogg!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon View Post
                      leon, perry is 16 miles out of the way. see p.m.

Comment

We have a room at the Best Western in Stillwater
                        Donna
                        Williamston, MI
                        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

making reservations today

Comment

I'm told by local Stillwater sources that the Best Western is good. It's also close to the OSU campus and places to eat. We are booked there.

Gwen

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                              We have a room at the Best Western in Stillwater
                              I'm there too.
                              Dannie
                              2010 Camaro SS
                              Long Haul 2010/2011
                              Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

I'm at Best Western in Stillwater too.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                                1966 Plymouth Fury III
                                2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                                Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                                Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X