No announcement yet.

2012 HRPT Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by now i have so many hotels and backups...good thing i got a database started

Making 2 plans the "budge plan" and the normal plan

Budget plan is
    Fairfield Inn -Warren 60 a night
    Victory Inn - Muskegon 49 a night
    Any where in north of Joliet in IL - Home for the night
    Stillwater - Microtel 75 a night had to call
    Arlington Tx -Hawtorn Suites 80 a night

Normal Plan
    What ever HI or HIE in MI everyone else is at for Detroit 78-115 a night (booked in Warren on 11 mile, Van Dyke, Roseville, and Utica)
    Days Inn Grand Haven 74 a night
    Still Water Microtel - next door to Best Western
    Arlington - HIE on Randol Mill

Have many other hotels already booke for possible cities
    Effingham, IL
    Joliet, IL
    Du Quoin
    St Louis are by Gateway Motor Sports Park
    Springfield, MO
    Newton, IL
    Topeka, KS
    (lets see if one of those make it?)
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

I think we should all just get together and find some of those small mom and pop hotels and just fill them up the hell with the large hotel chains that inflate the prices I bet if we all went together to 1 of these small hotels we could get a really good rate some of the price gouging is just way too much

Comment

anyone ever stay at the victory inn in muskegon, because they are running a good special right now for that weekend at like 49 a night... looks like a privately owned place... closer to muskegon than grand haven, and has to be better than the red roof inn and super 8...wife stayed at the red roof in last year the night before and swears she will never go back and had to put a chair in-front of the door.
        Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

That's the main reason I'll pay a little more for a hotel room, prefer to at least feel like in safer location for me and the car...and the Holiday Inn Express usually are in decent areas for the most part, usually am not worried about leaving the Camaro parked there.
          Last edited by SoCalCamaro; October 19, 2011, 09:03 PM.
          Dannie
          2010 Camaro SS
          Long Haul 2010/2011
          Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCamaro View Post
            That's the main reason I'll pay a little more for a hotel room, prefer to at least feel like in safer location for me and the car...and the Holiday Inn Express usually are in decent areas for the most part, usually am not worried about leaving the Camaro parked there.
            agreed....it's unfortunate that some of the hotel chains raise rates if and when the tour announces a stop there.....I try and reserve early on, and the major chains usually have liberal cancellation policies and websites where one can reserve or cancel.....
            having said that, I'm in at....
            HI Van Dyke (w/ backup at HEI in Utica (looks like very nice place, will probably go there)
            HI Muskegon (W/backup at HEI in Spring Lake, just south, stayed there this year, nice area, will probably go there)
            Best Western, Stillwater (w/backup at Hampton)
            HEI Wet n Wild, Arlington (got in there, I think, before they raised rates); lots and lots of hotels in Arlington area; the wet n wild got good reviews, but they also got expensive.....will stay with them........rexdogg!

Comment

Classic, I'm with you on the pricing changes but I've got to side with Dannie and Rexx. I've been on the road a lot this year and there IS a big difference in the upper class hotels,not just price, but amenities and cleanliness..Chuck and I stayed at a La Quenta last year and went to go in the pool and a 3ft. deep pool that you couldn't even see the bottom. So yes I'm a firm believer of the old saying "Your dollar sign dictates your clientele" Low dollars = low class hotel.. And thats why so many of us go to Holiday Inn. Just book early and you should get a good rate. And also having said all that, here's where I'm at so far..

Holiday Inn, 30000 Van Dyke,Warren $109.42 a night for 2 nights Friday and Saturday
              Holiday Inn, 939 Third Street, Muskegon $130.97 Sunday
              Fairfield Inn by Marriott, 418 E. Hall of Fame Ave, Stillwater $102.00 Thursday
              Holiday Inn, 1311 Wet N Wild Way, Arlington..$188.20 ..With Holiday Inn,2451 E. Randol Mill Rd, Arlington $126.10 as first choice.

ANd I can't wait to book the rest so come on Hot Rod and Family Events..
              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                We have a room at the Best Western in Stillwater
                B

Best Western In Stillwater: from "Mrs. One Old Goat" ;)
                Since I won't be with him, needs 2 double beds in a room.
                I looked into booking this for Keith and the price for 2 double beds really jump. From $109 to 189.00.

I might look at a cheaper one for him.

Comment

HEI - Utica (Detroit)
                  HEI - Grand Haven (Muskegon)
                  Fairfield Inn - Stillwater, OK
                  HI - Arlington, TX

Comment

I guess you're right security is a big part of it so paying a little bit more I guess isn't too bad last year I got stuck staying at a motel 6 on friday nite inn cocoa beach because they overbooked and it was quite nasty

Comment

• just booked in Topeka....heard a rumor that Heartland Park would be a stop.....now, if we don't go there, I guess I'll have the place to myself......hah!.........rexdogg!

Comment

• I am here

* Detroit - HIE 30000 Van Dyke Avenue,Warren, Michigan - 2 nights @ ~ $85 night
                        * Muskegon - HIE Ggrand Haven-Spring Lake, 940 W Savidge Street,Spring Lake, Michigan ~ $87 night
                        * Stillwater, OK - Hampton Inn 717 East Hall of Fame Avenue Stillwater, Oklahoma, 74075 ~ $111 night
                        * Dallas HIE 2451 E. Randol Mill Road, Arlington, Texas ~ $127 night
                        Last edited by >>>>head; October 23, 2011, 09:17 AM.
                        nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

• Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
                          I am here

* Detroit - HIE 30000 Van Dyke Avenue,Warren, Michigan - 2 nights @ ~ $85 night
                          * Muskegon - HIE Ggrand Haven-Spring Lake, 940 W Savidge Street,Spring Lake, Michigan ~ $87 night
                          * Stillwater, OK - Hampton Inn 717 East Hall of Fame Avenue Stillwater, Oklahoma, 74075 ~ $111 night
                          * Dallas HIE 2451 E. Randol Mill Road, Arlington, Texas ~ $127 night
                          Gee Tom 4 places at once!

Comment

• HTP eh? Curious how they are going to get there. My guess based on a quick mapquest search is Joliet, IL to STL via Effingham, IL (Mid-America) for a lunch stop. From STL to Springfield, MO (fairgrounds, as Bass Pro is still a construction site) then on to Stillwater. This is just my opinion with absolutely no insider info. to back it up. I'm booked at some cheap dives that I hope to survive (2011 had a few nights I wasn't 100% sure) for the announced locations so far.
                            GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

• We have this so far:

BW Georgian Inn Detroit (Roseville) $78
                              HI Muskegeon MI $172
                              BW Cimmaron Stillwater OK $108
                              BW Plus Irving Inn TX $68
                              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• If I can help .Check out some of the Hotels on M-59 AKA Hall Road in Utica Michigan.Safe..And a lot more to do .Emphasis on the SAFE..Ron Roth [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X