No announcement yet.

2012 HRPT Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its so crazy to me talking to veterans of various wars, how different things were/are. The things soldiers/sailors feared always seems to be the same, but its means of getting to them usually changes from war to war. I am definitely looking forward to meeting everyone and exchanging stories. I'll do what I can about the drinks, but I'm scraping together for this trip as it is... I'll be relatively lucky if I can afford to get myself drunk at every stop lol
    '95 S10: 350sbc/th350 (for now)
    '05 Cobalt SS: 13.4@105 (boost + money = fun)
    '03 GSXR1000: exhaust, stacks, filter, PCIII, nitrous, plenty of other stuff
    GO CAPITALS!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by itS10neverdone View Post
      Its so crazy to me talking to veterans of various wars, how different things were/are. The things soldiers/sailors feared always seems to be the same, but its means of getting to them usually changes from war to war. I am definitely looking forward to meeting everyone and exchanging stories. I'll do what I can about the drinks, but I'm scraping together for this trip as it is... I'll be relatively lucky if I can afford to get myself drunk at every stop lol
      Just look for the Lightning with the blue cooler. The beers on me one night.

I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

... but I'm scraping together for this trip as it is... I'll be relatively lucky if I can afford to get myself drunk at every stop lol
        Buy stronger liquor.
        Last edited by GizmoQ; November 1, 2011, 06:56 PM.
        ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

PT 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015

Comment

Its so crazy to me talking to veterans of various wars, how different things were/are. The things soldiers/sailors feared always seems to be the same, but its means of getting to them usually changes from war to war. I am definitely looking forward to meeting everyone and exchanging stories. I'll do what I can about the drinks, but I'm scraping together for this trip as it is... I'll be relatively lucky if I can afford to get myself drunk at every stop lol
          Mi cooler is su cooler -
          Hope you like the High Life !
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Beleave me you wount have to buy a beer..... Us vets (I'm Vietnam Era) and Freaks will keep you well supplied to get you drunk...... On Yea.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
            1966 Plymouth Fury III
            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Fury3 View Post
              Beleave me you wount have to buy a beer..... Us vets (I'm Vietnam Era) and Freaks will keep you well supplied to get you drunk...... On Yea.....
              They aren't kidding....
              Dannie
              2010 Camaro SS
              Long Haul 2010/2011
              Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

• I've started a list offline. Please PM me your reservation info (including the hotel addresses, I don't need the rates) and I'll create a 'hidden' list that will be available via email or PM. I'll also put a 'tally' list without details on this thread periodically. Thx.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Here's the first tally:

Detroit, June 1/2:
                  HI, 30000 Van Dyke Ave, Warren 12
                  LaQuinta, 30900 Van Dyke, Warren 1
                  HIE, 31900 Little Mack Ave, Roseville 3
                  Candlewood, Convention Blvd, Warren 1
                  HI, Eleven Mile Road, Warren 1
                  Best Western Georgian Inn, Roseville 1
                  HEI, Utica Park, Utica, MI 5

Muskegon, June 3:
                  HI, 939 Third St, Muskegon 10
                  HI, 940 W. Savidge St, Spring Lake 7
                  Best Western, Grand Haven 1
                  Shoreline 1
                  Victory Inn, 2769 Henry, Muskegon 2
                  Days Inn, Grand Haven 1

(Champaign), June 4:
                  HIE, 1003 Killarney, Urbana, IL. 1

TBA
                  5-Jun

TBA
                  6-Jun

Stillwater, June 7:
                  Best Western Plus, 315 N Husband 9
                  Fairfield Inn, Stillwater 4
                  LaQuinta, Stillwater 1
                  HIE, Perry, OK 1
                  Hampton Inn, Stillwater 2
                  Microtel, 1
                  Private residence 1

Arlington, June 8:
                  HI, 1311 Wet-n-Wild Way, Arlington, TX 8
                  Wingate, 2
                  HEI Six Flags, 1
                  HI, Randol Mill Rd. 6
                  Hilton, East Lamar, 1
                  LaQuinta, 4700 N. Freeway, Ft. Worth 1
                  Fairfield Inn, 2500 Lamar, Arlington 1
                  Best Western Plus, Irving 1
                  Super 8, I-30/Beltline, 1
                  Baymont Inn, 1

these are slightly skewed due to the 'backup' reservations.
                  The 'hidden' list will only be sent to those who send me their information. I will consider that to be permission to share it with other BSers.
                  Last edited by oletrux4evr; November 3, 2011, 12:17 PM.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                    The 'hidden' list will only be sent to those who send me their information. I will consider that to be permission to share it with other BSers.
                    That won't work so well.... After all, this isn't rocket science, no sense in making it harder than herding chickens........I'd appreciate your info via PM, just in case I miss it on the thread, but it's not required. I'll make the detailed list available to all BSers who ask for it, unless you 'opt out' via PM, in which case I won't include you on the list. Thx.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Thanks for doing this Ed...I didn't know you could quote yourself on the thread board. Is that like when Phil replies back to himself about his PM's?
                      Donna
                      Williamston, MI
                      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• Phil / Omaha

Comment

• saw someone mention something about Champiang, IL for a stop just looked at the hotels everything is about $80 or more a night.... Could that be a hint?
                          Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

• Yep, the newer HIE is already at $125.99 for a room...so I booked one just in case before it goes higher like Muskegon....
                            Dannie
                            2010 Camaro SS
                            Long Haul 2010/2011
                            Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

• I made a 'just in case' online reservation at the HIE, 1003 Killarney, Urbana. Still got the government rate of $77.
                              Last edited by oletrux4evr; November 4, 2011, 11:36 AM.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                                I made a 'just in case' online reservation at the HEI, 1003 Killarney, Urbana. Still got the government rate of $77.
                                there's a post on the other board to the effect that the third stop is in Champaign, IL.......anyway, there's two HI's (one an HEI) on Killarney in Champaign, across the street from each other; the HI is a little older, built like an Embassy Suites (rooms overlook a large indoor atrium, which has a restaurant, bar, and indoor pool; I've stayed there before, when attending the Illinois h.s. football championship games at the U of I); the HEI across the roadway is brand new, both nice places to stay, imo....if the tour goes to Champaign, that is....downtown Champaign also has some nice hotels, and there are others just north of downtown and just off of the interstate.......rexdogg!

Comment

Working...
                                X