2012 HRPT Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1cheapstreet View Post
    Looked at the Family Events hotel link yesterday and boy have the rooms gotten pricey!!

Linda
    one of the reasons, I think, why Family Events holds the tour stops announcements, until they can block out some hotel rooms, then raise rates......

Comment

• We got in at the HIE in Urbana before the city or Family Events made any kind of announcement.
      Last edited by 69SS 350 5 Speed; November 26, 2011, 04:14 PM.
      Jim & Maureen
      There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
      HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

• I booked LaQuinta inns, 83.97 with taxes.
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• I have noticed that several of us are staying at the Six Flags "Maingate" hotels in Arlington. Does anyone plan to actually go to Six Flags after the Long Haul Awards? Want to do a "Forum Freaks Roller-coaster Tour"?
          Non-denominational car nut.
          Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
          Do you go all the way?

Comment

• Originally posted by street72 View Post
            I just booked the Comfort Suites Urbana.. $116 total with room taxes.. And it is a lot cheaper and right next to both Holiday Inn's on Killarney..Just trying to save a buck or two..Great reviews and nice looking inside..

Rhett the HI is only 89.00 on family events page. 1001 killarney.

Comment

• BTW ARLINGTON,TX stop. venue is at a horse track... LONE STAR PARK at GRAND PRAIRIE. not JERRYWORLD or RANGERS PARK.

Comment

• Thanks Mikee, I just booked it and will cancel the Comfort Suites.. And Family Events had Comfort Suites about $15 cheaper then what I had booked..Thanks again Mikee
                I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Impala_Guy View Post
                  I have noticed that several of us are staying at the Six Flags "Maingate" hotels in Arlington. Does anyone plan to actually go to Six Flags after the Long Haul Awards? Want to do a "Forum Freaks Roller-coaster Tour"?
                  I am probably going to hit the park after some of the show on friday afternoon before all the parking lot fun hits on friday night!!! I am a season pass holder here in Chicago so it is a free entry for me.
                  Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

• OH, that could be interesting. A bunch of salutes, generally means the pics they take on the coaster get...AHEM...blocked off...

Adding myself to this thread to keep tabs. I have not started to look yet. Keeping things tentative, but need to start booking.
                    Will probably be a solo Act again, Mel doesn't see herself being able to go with School this year.
                    Andrew
                    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• I'm going to keep the HI reservation in Arlington. Need to rack up those points for free rooms!

Comment

• This was posted on the other site.....

Saturday June 2, 2012 - Detroit, Michigan 48045
                        Sunday June 3, 2012 - Muskegon, Michigan (205 mi) 49441
                        Monday June 4, 2012 - Champaign, Illinois (285 mi) 61820
                        Tuesday June 5, 2012 - Collinsville, IL (164.90 miles)
                        Wednesday June 6, 2012 - venue is yet To Be Announced
                        Thursday June 7, 2012 - Stillwater, Oklahoma (650!!! mi) 74074
                        Friday June 8, 2012 - Arlington, Texas (268 mi) 76011
                        Saturday June 9, 2012 - Long Haul Photo and awards

don't know where he got it but he said he got it from family events

My guess is it will be at Gateway International Speedway, which is actually in Madison, IL but there are no hotels there and in between ST Louis and Collinsville (Gateway was closed for 2010 and 2011 but someone bought it and is re-opening it for 2012)
                        Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

• If Collinsville,Il. is correct.....then SPRINGFIELD,MO. is a good choice for the next day. 233 miles.

Stillwater,Ok. 255 miles from Springfield,MO. JMWAG

Comment

• Springfield would be a nice choice.

Comment

• Champaign to Collinsville, IL has Effingham right in the middle (possible lunch stop again??) then Collinsville is very close to ST Louis so it would be RT66 All the way from ST Louis to Stillwater.... and what is smack dab in the middle and on RT66 between those 2???? You guessed it....Springfield, MO

Also there is a good size fairgrounds there, and a Drag Strip there too...could it be 2 days at the Strips again?

My guess is Springfield, MO for sure now!

Comment

• In the spirit of booking rooms to anticipate the rush, I grabbed a room at ST. LOUIS-FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS
                                313 SALEM PLACE, FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS, ILLINOIS which is just south of Collinsville.

Comment

Working...
                                X