LaQuinta, 4700 N. Freeway, Ft. Worth 1
    Fairfield Inn, 2500 Lamar, Arlington 1
    Best Western Plus, Irving 1
    Super 8, I-30/Beltline, 1
    Baymont Inn, 1
    Quality Inn, 121 W. 20, Arlington 1
    Comfort Suites. 2075 north us hwy 360, Grand Prairie 1
    Private residence 1

these are slightly skewed due to the 'backup' reservations.
    Updated 12/1/11.
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 1, 2011, 03:23 AM.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• You can add me to:
      HIE - Utica
      HI - Spring Lake
      HI - Killarney
      BW - Stillwater
      HI - Wet n Wild
      I have a couple of backups, but didn't list them.....
      if we go to Collinsville, IL (Gateway International), area about 15 min or so southeast (Fairview Heights and/or O'Fallon/Shiloh, IL) is pretty decent; south of track (East St. Louis)...AVOID!
      West of track, across the river, St. Louis....have a contact there, doing some research now as to the better hotels and their locations.....

Comment

• Booked the new one at HI Fairview, got all the other HI reservations as the group, Warren or Utica, Muskegon, Killarney, Randol Mill Rd, except Stillwater at the Best Western.
        Dannie
        2010 Camaro SS
        Long Haul 2010/2011
        Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

• Originally posted by Leon View Post
          In the spirit of booking rooms to anticipate the rush, I grabbed a room at ST. LOUIS-FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS
          313 SALEM PLACE, FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS, ILLINOIS which is just south of Collinsville.
          did same yesterday...same place.. cheaper than others there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIKEE View Post
            did same yesterday...same place.. cheaper than others there.
            I'm not real familiar with that area; I do have family in the Carbondale, IL, area, but that's to the south and east.....anyway, when I did some research (city-data.com, for demographics, population, crime), tripadvisor.com (for hotel comments), mapquest.com (to see where the hotels are, and what else is near (restaurants, etc.)......Fairview Heights and O'Fallon/Shiloh (which is a little farther) looked okay....still researching the St Louis area, particularly their northern suburbs off of I-270, and the hotels around their airport......assuming we go to Collinsville in the first place.....hah!

Comment

• I know we were at Gateway on the tour one year. Can't remember where we stayed though.
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                I know we were at Gateway on the tour one year. Can't remember where we stayed though.
                I think that was 2004 Jim and we stayed at the Millenimum by the arch. I heard some of the rooms weren't very nice but we were in the new tower and it was awesome.

Linda

Comment

• Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                  I'm not real familiar with that area; I do have family in the Carbondale, IL, area, but that's to the south and east.....anyway, when I did some research (city-data.com, for demographics, population, crime), tripadvisor.com (for hotel comments), mapquest.com (to see where the hotels are, and what else is near (restaurants, etc.)......Fairview Heights and O'Fallon/Shiloh (which is a little farther) looked okay....still researching the St Louis area, particularly their northern suburbs off of I-270, and the hotels around their airport......assuming we go to Collinsville in the first place.....hah!

Stay the hell away from Carbondale. 2010 powertour...jebus that was a craphole we stayed at. One reason I will never, EVER book an econolodge ever again...

**EDIT...meant to say, watch where you are at in Carbondale. Was told by a couple locals at the Pizza Hut a block from the place we were staying in the "BAD" area and not safe to walk around at night.
                  Last edited by Eliteman76; December 4, 2011, 08:32 PM.
                  Andrew
                  1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                  2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Question:
                    How bad do you guys think I will screw myself if I wait until say, February for rooms?

Mulling around buying a daily driver Torino, or Powertour. I have the OK for the car from Mel, but I almost may pass for Powertour.
                    Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
                      Question:
                      How bad do you guys think I will screw myself if I wait until say, February for rooms?
                      I think you book rooms that you can cancel up until sometime close to your stay and then IF you decide you can not make it all you have to do is cancel some rooms.

Comment

• Point taken. This year, I cancelled off everything and was out a total of $50-60.
                        Andrew

Comment

• most individual hotel websites (Holiday Inn, Best Western, etc.), allow a internet reservation to be cancelled up to the date of the reservation.....

Comment

• Andrew just be careful when you are booking from outside sites, and when you are in their sites and read all the terms and conditions about cancellations taking good note of the dates and times before proceeding with booking

I dont remember what site it was but it seemed as if you could cancel with out being charged but it you looked at the date it was only 24 hours after you booked they allowed you to cancel free of charge.

Hey the offer still stands, i got my prices and hotels basically figured out in 2 different options so call me or email me and we can talk.
                            Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

• Thinking about doing from Illinois-oklahoma, but not sure yet. I'd like to do a full pull again, but not sure yet.
                              Mel is showing some interest, but her London trip has come back again. She's put up with my demands sooo much last few years...May make a concesion.

If I have time, will shoot a call in the next week or so.

Never mind the fact I may pick up another 1972 Torino for driver duty. Mel approved this time, no less!
                              Andrew

Comment

• I would recommend making all reservations through the hotels own site and do not select best available rate. All the reputable hotels will let you cancel before a certain time that same day(of stay) and AAA beats Govt. rate at some, and AARP at most. The AAA memebership fee is well worth the savings on the years hotel stays, and you dont have to support health care fraud for the elderly by buying an AARP membership.
                                Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Working...
                                X