Arlington Venue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlington Venue?

Do we know for sure the venue in Arlington ? Is it the Super Bowl stadium or Dallas Cowboys stadium or are those 2 the same? Help unconfuse me pls and thanks!

To my knowledge, last year's Super Bowl was held in Dallas Cowboy Stadium, which is Jerry Jone's "mansion". The only other "famous" stadium in the DFW area is the Cotton Bowl, which is an older stadium, mostly used for college games. In fact, if you watch the Sooners play Texas this Saturday, it will be at the Cotton Bowl..... Hook Em' Horn....

Our venue is going to be held at the Dallas Cowboys stadium, per the announcement in Detroit. I hope that cleared things up for you....
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

Comment

the family events hotel booking site for Arlington lists......xxx number of properties within x miles of Lone Star Park; don't know for sure if that is the venue or not......

Comment

Thanks guys! I was hoping it would be Jerry's Mansion. Saw it in June when we were down there. Humongous, beautiful, and would make a great venue!

Comment

Bucky, I don't think they said that we would end up at Dallas Cowboy Stadium while we were in Detroit, I think they said we were going to Dallas area. Even Painless Performance said that he thought it would be Dallas Stadium or Rangers Stadium.. But I hope it's Dallas Stadium so I can see the inside of that place and maybe have my Rental car up on the giant screen..And who's Jerry?? Is he the one with the kids?? I just think that the place that Family Events is using as the venue place is a dirt track for horses and that Pintoboy, Greg, is the only one to do dirt the right way..Either way I'll see you there Bucky..
          Last edited by street72; October 4, 2011, 09:41 PM.
          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

I think we are at the horse track also, that is where the pin point on the family events hotel page is.
            Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Where there is a horse track??? hmm, maybe some horse racing?
              Dannie
              2010 Camaro SS
              Long Haul 2010/2011
              Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCamaro View Post
                Where there is a horse track??? hmm, maybe some horse racing?
                or at least some horseing around??

Comment

I recal from the announcements in Detroit that it's ending at Jerry's ego monument. Err, I think.
                  John
                  2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
                  Detroit-Muskegon 2012
                  Couldn't make 2013

Comment

Is that with Jerry's kids???

I just remember last year at SEMA Adrian from Painless Performance Products told us that it was hard for him to do the kick off night in Detroit and for him to do the last night in Texas.. So I'm not sure if it is near Painless or they are just doing the last night..But he made it clear that it had something to do with Painless and Texas..Hookem'
                    Last edited by street72; October 9, 2011, 09:58 PM.
                    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarlaxle View Post
                      I recal from the announcements in Detroit that it's ending at Jerry's ego monument. Err, I think.
                      yea that is what they announced but the pin prick on family events shows the horse track
                      Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

either place should hold us fine, they're within a copuple miles of each other so booking a motel close to either should work out OK both are right off I-30. Personally I'd rather be at Cowboys stadium - someday I'd like to get inside its HUGE! the original Texas stadium was 900,000sq ft the new one is 3 Million sq feet! and the playing field is 50 ft below ground level I just cant see 200$ for a nose bleed seat and up if you want to "see" the game most people just watch the screen
                        Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Working...
                        X