Bull's 69 C-10 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shhhh,
    I heard a little whisper from MS. Over 550 h.p. on the warm up pull !

Should have the official "press release" by this afternoon.

Your inside source DTB

p.s. hell of a first attemp at hot roddin . . . welder dude.
    DTB - RETIRED

Comment

we did 2 pulls while i was there 563hp/576ft.lbs. torque. thats with the 3 1/2" upper blower pulley, 5psi boost, @5700rpms. rev limiter at 6600rpms.
      once we change the blower pulley to the 2 1/2" overdrive one we might see 9psi boost if we dont run out of blower. so 600hp might be possible. still tweekin it. i have 3 videos of todays action up on youtube, i think DTB is going to post the links or just search BULL'S DYNO DAY. i think you can find them there

Comment

Dyno pulls

heres the links ,,, PLAY'EM LOUD!
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Holy Big Block Batman !
          Sounds great, numbers seem to be good for the street, still wonder why you are looking at 9 pounds of boost and 600 h.p. ? Seems like 550 and 5 pounds of boost is prefect for a SICK street machine, especially a pick-up . . . without a roll cage ! Ya know anything faster than 12.0 will get ya booted from the track. Hmmm, I suspect ya don't care.

Still Bull, your a sick man. So I imagine the quest for 600 hp probably keeps you up at night Since I might be driving this thing, I will start looking on-line for some pills, "That will MAKE MY BALLS BIGGER !" cause DTB will need to grow some bigger ones to pilot this Big Dog!

Not use to being the lead Dog DTB

p.s. Bull have you been hangin around CSTMWGN & Boob?
          DTB - RETIRED

Comment

not really pushing for 9psi and 600hp but the setup should be producing that . the blower setup should be giving me 7-9 lbs. of boost and we found out why it wasnt this morning.
            HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!.... seems the gasket has split and is being pushed out from between where the snout bolts to the body of the blower, nice puddle of blower lube laying in the intake. we are finished with dyno anyway ,so its being broke down and the blower is headed back to summit. minor glitch

P.S.oh and DTB you'll have your own set of keys for this E-TICKET RIDE! this isnt going to be just a "road to nowhere" truck

Comment

Thanks Bull
              Hummm, "Road to Nowhere" A four mile paved straight-a-way thru the forest, dead ending at the river. Glad they could never find the funding to build the bridge. We sure have done some high speed testing at the Sopchoppy City Limits ! Not everyone has there own Maxton.

The truck will get it's chance to burry the speedo that's for sure, but I am glad your building something we can jump in and go visit Cobra . . . then again, maybe next year an overdrive trans might be on your Christmas list?

Sorry about the huffer. Glad it wasn't you who blew a gasket. For the money you spent . . . never mind, it's all part of Hot Roddin !

Been to Houston DTB
              DTB - RETIRED

Comment

come on down. there's some fresh concrete that needs some artwork.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by bull the rogue welder View Post
                  heres the links ,,, PLAY'EM LOUD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4wp9...tailpage#t=48s
                  Awesome Bull...thanks for the links
                  Donna
                  Williamston, MI
                  Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Update here - man this puppy is looking SWEET !!

Last edited by 70chevyC-10; December 20, 2011, 02:27 PM.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

What a great weekend in Sopchoppy, veteran power tourers were all present as we fabed motor mounts, and tweaked driveline angles. This project is coming along nicely, but not so much, my 12 step program. We drank enough to float a small shrimp boat, but HEY, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right ?

Our liquid induced creativity served us well, as we met all our mechanical goals as we polished off every 12 ounce tool in the "toolbox" fridge !

Be safe y'all on the way back to Mississippi, Wisconsin, and Railroad Ave. But most of all . . .
                      Stay Thristy my Friends,

the pickled DTB
                      DTB - RETIRED

Comment

no drinkin problem with me....hell i couldnt even FIND the fridge!!!! DTB has the fridge so tricked out like a CRAFTSMAN piggy back tool chest i thought the fridge was outside where it normally WAS!
                        we did manage to cram a lil backwoods pizza in! i appreciated all the motor mount help i was getting pretty frustrated on my own and the build was coming to a screetchin halt because of them.

i stayed thirsty my friend!

Comment

Is it Snap-On or is it Budweiser ? The latest in Florida garage art - Andy Warhol would be proud !
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Is it Snap-On or is it Budweiser ? Well, I can tell you after this weekend, IT IS EMPTY !

"Runnin on Empty" DTB

p.s. That's why they make more . . . everyday!
                            DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender View Post
                              What a great weekend in Sopchoppy, veteran power tourers were all present as we fabed motor mounts, and tweaked driveline angles. This project is coming along nicely, but not so much, my 12 step program. We drank enough to float a small shrimp boat, but HEY, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right ?

Our liquid induced creativity served us well, as we met all our mechanical goals as we polished off every 12 ounce tool in the "toolbox" fridge !

Be safe y'all on the way back to Mississippi, Wisconsin, and Railroad Ave. But most of all . . .
                              Stay Thristy my Friends,

the pickled DTB
                              hey, how come noone told me about the party?
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

bruce, you gonna buy that '63 galaxie 500 2 door hardtop?

Comment

Working...
                                X