Bull's 69 C-10 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bull the rogue welder View Post
    bruce, you gonna buy that '63 galaxie 500 2 door hardtop?
    i told him i wanted it, except he does not have a title. evidently, mississippi doesn't require a title to register a 1963 vehicle. no title makes it VERY difficult to register it in Florida. you have to go thru living hell. i'm working on finding out just how difficult it would be.
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
      i told him i wanted it, except he does not have a title. evidently, mississippi doesn't require a title to register a 1963 vehicle. no title makes it VERY difficult to register it in Florida. you have to go thru living hell. i'm working on finding out just how difficult it would be.
      Bruce, I used a title company to get a title for my 54. It wasn't that big of a deal.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
        Bruce, I used a title company to get a title for my 54. It wasn't that big of a deal.

there is a guy next to us at turkey rod run that sells titles, but only for older (50/40/30's) cars. i don't know if they can do a 63'.
        how does this work, i.e. the differant vin #'s. who did you use? are they legit?
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

there is a guy next to us at turkey rod run that sells titles, but only for older (50/40/30's) cars. i don't know if they can do a 63'.
          how does this work, i.e. the differant vin #'s. who did you use? are they legit?
          I'm pretty sure I used these guys.

Give them a call and they can fill you in.
          I R Bob
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I think its like $600 beans to get a new title in fla.

Comment

i think its like $600 beans to get a new title in fla.
              ouch!!!!
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I know it wasn't that much for me using the title company. Ohio has some laws about the documents needed to get a title that I had to work around with an out of state friend but it went smoothly.
                I R Bob

Comment

I think its like $600 beans to get a new title in fla.
                  ouch!!!!
                  Have them adjust the price for the hassle and expense
                  Donna
                  Williamston, MI
                  Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                    Have them adjust the price for the hassle and expense
                    he's already come down $500.00. not sure if he'll come down anymore.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

In Ohio, titling a car from a non-title state only requires a current registration on the car from the non-titled state.

In other words, see if Florida works that way, then have the guy register the car in his state, and then you take that current registration to the BMV in Florida and it should flow smoothly.

Unless Florida is nothing like Ohio, in which case I'm of no use whatsoever.

Unless I bought the car, titled it in Ohio, then sold it with an Ohio title to you in Florida. In this scenario, the actual car needs to make the trip to Ohio for a VIN verification for Ohio to issue an Ohio title. Doable but lots of miles involved. Cheap too, except for the miles.
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

just got back from the DMV. not as bad as i thought. as STINEY stated, i'll need the latest registration (it's presantly registered, i think), a noterized bill of sale, and $150.00, plus sales tax ($180.00). when the car gets here, i take the paperwork to the DMV and can get a 10 day temp tag to drive it to the DMV for vin verification, or trailer it there, or have a cop come by the house to verifiy it.
                        now i just have to figure how i can get him the money and make sure i get the paperwork.
                        Last edited by cobra; December 27, 2011, 12:38 PM.
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Sweet! Good luck!
                          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

When are we going to get an update on that bad ass pick-up?

Ever curious DTB
                            DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Well funny you should ask DTB!! By the way whats going on in Sopchoppy?

Bull sent me some update pictures...... Some fitting and massaging on the radiator assembly and exhaust. Nice project Bull!! Keep us updated........

Attached Files
                              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Thanks for the update ! Cut -outs . . . SWEEEEET ! Everything looks first class. It has come a long way from the days of it sunk down in the mud in a Mississippi backyard. You have breathed new life into the C-10.

Nice save !

Curiosity cured DTB
                                DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Working...
                                X