Bull's 69 C-10 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez Guys,
    hit a guy when he is down why don't ya. Haggered? Lets see, about 10 days of Power Tour in gazillion degree heat. R&R'ed the trans in Birmingham and the pavement we were laying on was 139 degrees. Cooked almost every day and in Mobile we had TWO grills goin ! You want to talke about hot? Like, not blonde hot either !

Left early and skipped the ship tour to head home and start to cook the Low Country Boil, mow grass, set up the party, bar, entertainment, decorations, etc. Plus we did a local cruise that evening. What did you count Cobra? . . . 98 people ! The pic was taken about midnite.

Haggared? I am just saying there was nothing left in the tank but pure adrenalin ! It was one hell of a power tour for me that year . . . but then again, aren't they all !!!

Lookin forward to the next one DTB

p.s. It's time to pass the ice scoop on to the younger generation !
    DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by bull the rogue welder View Post
      DTB.... stay thirsty my friend!
      Before - during, and after - you can choose which ones - CHEERS !

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Time to rebuild that grill - Chevy Orange engine paint comes in handy -
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender View Post
          Geez Guys,
          hit a guy when he is down why don't ya. Haggered? Lets see, about 10 days of Power Tour in gazillion degree heat. R&R'ed the trans in Birmingham and the pavement we were laying on was 139 degrees. Cooked almost every day and in Mobile we had TWO grills goin ! You want to talke about hot? Like, not blonde hot either !

Left early and skipped the ship tour to head home and start to cook the Low Country Boil, mow grass, set up the party, bar, entertainment, decorations, etc. Plus we did a local cruise that evening. What did you count Cobra? . . . 98 people ! The pic was taken about midnite.

Haggared? I am just saying there was nothing left in the tank but pure adrenalin ! It was one hell of a power tour for me that year . . . but then again, aren't they all !!!

Lookin forward to the next one DTB

p.s. It's time to pass the ice scoop on to the younger generation !
          I am very relieved to hear that there was an excellent explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            DTB is looking a little haggarded in that picture and his beautiful assistance looks .... well beautiful (if not bored).

Was DTB trying too hard - now there is something to start the comments with!
            careful with the comments about the blond assistant...she's his step daughter.
            oh what the hell....yes she's hot!
            (sorry dave)
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Just bustin on you bro

you made the 2010 power tour go from a good one to a GREAT one!
              heck we were listening to jimbo's 3rd encore at 4am!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                careful with the comments about the blond assistant...she's his step daughter.
                oh what the hell....yes she's hot!
                (sorry dave)
                She can't even hang with the old man - she's three sheets to the wind.................
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                  I am very relieved to hear that there was an excellent explanation.
                  Okay you got me . . . TMI !

Rollin with it DTB
                  DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                    She can't even hang with the old man - she's three sheets to the wind.................
                    no, she wasn't that bad. i tried to make it a surpise, unposed shot...and i guess it did catch her by surprise.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Hey lets forget about the good ole days and get back on task. HEY BULL, any new pix of the 69 build? Did you get the exhaust finished? When is the delivery date for the plumbing? I have been practicing up on my drinkin !

In drinkin shape DTB

p.s. why don't you plan to come over at the end of the month and ride to Ohio with me, for the Mile event ?
                      DTB - RETIRED

Comment

no ,everything is half finished right now but in a few good days i'll be back on track. glad to hear you are practicing,i'll need some coaching since my runnin buddy at work quit drinking. i guess it was that night we polished off a dozen 40's! then broke out the berettas to pop off about 6 clips,i think the local constable is still lookin for us on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by bull the rogue welder View Post
                          no ,everything is half finished right now but in a few good days i'll be back on track. glad to hear you are practicing,i'll need some coaching since my runnin buddy at work quit drinking. i guess it was that night we polished off a dozen 40's! then broke out the berettas to pop off about 6 clips,i think the local constable is still lookin for us on that one.
                          i hate when that happens
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

looks like 2013 is gonna be a road rescue run! i'll leave the '69 for DTB to drive

knockin the cobwebs off the train horns .... ahhhh yes

Comment

This is very good news, indeed!
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                                This is very good news, indeed!
                                Good news indeed, because he can carry a good sized grill ! Not much need for a drinking bartender who is driving someone else's pride and joy. Count Chef Dave in for 13.

I think a forum freak cookout day is about due. More like a family reunion than a catered luncheon.

Kickin it up a notch DTB
                                DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Working...
                                X