Should we take the 7 month old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we take the 7 month old?

We are long hauling it for the first time and we are unsure of what to expect. Wife wants to take our daughter, who will be 7 months old in june. I am not so sure about it. We live between the topeka and lincoln stops, so we could pick her up or pawn her off with the grandparents halfway through if need be. Anybody else take a rugrat before and is it a huge pain in the arse?

TIA
    bob koch

Re: Should we take the 7 month old?

I would thing that your child would be a pleasure not a pain!! Can you carry enough things to satisfy all the needs? And still have room for all the free stuff? Pushing a stroller around acres of cars. I am getting tired just thinking about it. How much do you think your child will remember? Your call!!!! You have the option of droping her off half way. This is a family event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Comment

Hey, bring her along. She could be the youngest Long Hauler on the tour. ;D
      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I would leave the baby at home because of so many reasons. Possible sickness, feeding arrangements, teething, dealing with stroller and changing diapers and possible sunburn. I can understand mom wanting to take the baby at this age, but it's a lot of work being on the road. No one will mind if you bring him/her. It's your call.
        2006 HRPT LH
        2007 HRPT LH
        2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

my little boy will be one in ames, ia during the tour

Comment

I have two children 18 mos. and 7 mos. I was thinking of bringing them. However, we were going to have the grand parents drive in a mini van with them and fallow. Most of the days will be around 200 miles but I think there is a 400 mile day. I don't know about your kids but I think they will get tired of sitting in their seat.... after the third day I know I DO. Being a 28 year old 3 year PT vetran trust me when I tell you. You will be worn out at the end of every day With Out kids! The power tour in my expierience is pretty hectic to fit it all in. I can't imagine trying to take a baby through it with me. I Would LOVE to take my boy with me but I think I will have to let him get a little older. I hate to burst your bubble but mine has bursted too. It's the reality. :'(

Comment

As much as I love my kids and we do alot of car events as a family-this is a long trip,with alot of time in car/not that entertaining for a young one!If someone is able to look after her,I would go with it,more of a vacation,less stress maybe too?!Tough call when your kids are involved.

Comment

heres our little dude that went with us last year on our first long haul he was 7 months at the time......he was great in the car...and were taking him again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bastard
                  heres our little dude that went with us last year on our first long haul he was 7 months at the time......he was great in the car...and were taking him again this year

I think I remember talking to you guys at the Lane Automotive breakfast. I was wandering how that turned out for you.

Comment

I plan to bring my whole family... wife, and two boys. one is just about 3yo and the other will be 4 months old.

I think I'll have the youngest long hauler this year... ;D

Comment

Hey, maybe they give a prize out to the youngest Long Hauler this year. ;D
                      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

who else is taking kids??!??!? Any fun kid friendly side trips planned??

Comment

I would take your 7 month old. We didn't do the tour last year but if we had we would have brought John with us and he would have been 9 months old. At that age they'll be alot easier to handle than our 19 month old will be for us this year. He has a thing about wanting to open car doors. I think we'll have to tie his hands together as we're walking around looking at the cars. ;D

I'm hoping to find a nice grassy spot at the stops so he can play in the grass and not the concrete. If anyone else is bringing kids that would be great. They can keep each other occupied.

Comment

My kids are going but they are both in their 20's. Our grandson wants to go but is only 3 weeks old. He may have to wait!
                            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by bob
                              We are long hauling it for the first time and we are unsure of what to expect. Wife wants to take our daughter, who will be 7 months old in june. I am not so sure about it. We live between the topeka and lincoln stops, so we could pick her up or pawn her off with the grandparents halfway through if need be. Anybody else take a rugrat before and is it a huge pain in the arse?

TIA
                              bob koch
                              We have 3 girls and have taken them on all the long hauls the youngest being 6 months on her first tour. I wouldn't leave him at home just bring plenty of sunscreen and things for him to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X