secound thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• secound thoughts

Am actually having secound thoughts about going. As for a vacation the tour seemed very hectic!!! We had no time to sight see or relax much. Parking lots were great for me but the wife was not into it that much. HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are thinking about doing Black Hills Overdrive. A lot slower pace and we would still take the 46. I could still meet a few of the freaks in Madison or minnesota. Making command decision in the next couple of days.

Re: secound thoughts

Personaly the tour is what you make it, we are coming over from the UK so will be doing what we want rather than what the tour is if that makes sence. We aim to stamp in each day to make sure we got the long haul but if we find something more intresting than a show field that takes priority. Take the 1st saturday we wont be on the showfield instead we are taking a roadtrip down to the diamond place and meeting up with some buddies for a BBQ before we head back up late afternoon to stamp in and join the rest of the PT people for the evening.

Comment

Hey Cubby, we've been invited to the Black Hills Overdrive too! There are so many opportunities to drive our hot rods and still enjoy the USA, that the PT is becoming a big headache for some of us. Now before all of you want to chop my head off, listen for a minute. I totally agree with Cubby that you can't see much besides the route. Last year the vendors were gone by 6pm, so if you dilly dallied along the route you missed some of them and their give aways. PT is a great time to travel with other gearheads and make new friends. That's why we go, but I do regret not being able to see more sights as it may be quite a long time before getting back to some of these areas.

Now, here's a plug for the Western Scenic Tour that bearphoto is putting together. Starts Sept. 7 in Las Vegas and ends 4 or 5 days later in Yellowstone. Just gearheads and their cars travelling w/o sponsors and giveaways. It's early but I may try to put together a 4 or 5 day tour next summer to visit VA hospitals, more on that later! ;)

All in all PT is a great time, but there are other ways to see the country and still enjoy your hot rod!

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
        I totally agree with Cubby that you can't see much besides the route ... I do regret no being able to see more sights as it may be quite a long time before getting back to some of these areas.

Cheaps 8)
        Cheaps

Perhaps that is why HotRod (Family Events) has decided to keep the tour in the Midwest so that if you go often enough you will eventually get to understand what a corn field looks like. :o :

Comment

You have a point there! : We live 1 block away from a corn field, so it's nothing new for us. lol

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Being from WI and raised on hard farm work, feilds almost always look the same. Some a lot better than others. You always like to look at the nice feilds. We have been to the Dakotas several times but never in one of my trucks I have built. It is always a nice drive and we could always take our time and actually see some sights. We were planning on leaving on Wed or Thurs any way, so it would give us a lot of time to look around.
            Anyone else interested? If we do decide to do the Dakotas we would have room reservations avail. We will see. Am meeting with the other couple thisafternoon.

Comment

WE ARE OUT!!!!!!!! We have decided to go to the Dakotas. The other couple that was traveling with us last year had a graduation to attend and would have a hard time long haulin.He was going to go any way but was not happy about driving by himself. We met this afternoon and decided to go to the Dakotas . It starts on Thursday before the tour begins so we will see some of you in Madison the following Friday. Maybe next year!!

Comment

Originally posted by cubby
                WE ARE OUT!!!!!!!! We have decided to go to the Dakotas. The other couple that was traveling with us last year had a graduation to attend and would have a hard time long haulin.He was going to go any way but was not happy about driving by himself. We met this afternoon and decided to go to the Dakotas . It starts on Thursday before the tour begins so we will see some of you in Madison the following Friday. Maybe next year!!
                Only thing more boring than cornfields........is driving from wisc. to blackhills.... you can fall asleep in mn. and wake up in the badlands....and never have missed a scenery change! been there done that! oh! except wall drug signs every mile for 500 miles.
                as far as power tour goes; i chose not to go... because i live next a corn field and see them all the time! although there will be more wheat fields than corn in many spots this tour. get ready Allen could be different.
                IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHERE TOUR GOES IN 09.

CUBBY, enjoy yourself, the whole trip is an adventure;especially in a vehicle you built yourself... hope to see you in MADTOWN.

Comment

We usually see some sights on the way to the first venue and then again on the trip home. No rush then. (except to get back to work)
                  Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Well Cubby me and the old man are going to miss having you around. This means someone else will have to step up and take the B.S. we throw around. I got a rookie going with me this year but he is one of my elders so I can't be to hard on him. The second question will be what do I do with this bottle of Jack Black I got!!!

Comment

AH yes, jack is my friend. I will be in Madison on Friday morning waiting at the entrance for youall toshow up and if I can talk the wife into it maybe Minnesota. Madison is only an hour from the house. She said we would at least go there so if there will be a gathering of freaks there well be there. :

Comment

i'll be the first to agree that the scenery was boring. maybe complain to hot rod and they can get a more scenic route. as for me, i go to see differant cars than i can see at the local hangout, and i go to meet the people. the drive and scenary are second. the tour is what you make of it. of course, this is only my fourth year, so i am still enjoying the newness of it all.
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Sorry you aren't going to be on the tour Tim. I'll catch up with you in Madison. I think I still have your cell number somewhere.

Bob
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                          X