HORRIFYING Thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HORRIFYING Thought

I did a google search to get the Family Events address so I could register for the tour. While registering a terrifying thought came to me -

SOME ONE is going to have to log on to the Hot Rod forum to get the driving directions! :'( :'(

Do we have any volunteers willing to sacrifice their own time (sanity) for the greater good of the group?

Re: HORRIFYING Thought

There are some of us that still go there. Sort of like a train wreck, you cannot help but look no matter how bad it is.
    1964 Chevelle
    Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
    LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

there are actually newbies still showing up over there every now and then so some of us are still putting up with the site to help them out. there will be some body that can get the route for ya, but it might cost ya. :o ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopZ28
        there are actually newbies still showing up over there every now and then so some of us are still putting up with the site to help them out. there will be some body that can get the route for ya, but it might cost ya. :o ;D ;D
        How bout I check your car out every hour or so - would that be payment enough? :

Comment

never mind the payment. you'll just set my alarm off every hour and wake me up and i need my beauty sleep. ;D

Comment

As far as I can tell no one has posted the directions yet! :-\ Was wanting see what back a#@ roads they take us on this year! You know you have to be carefull running the back roads of Arkansas, even us Okies don't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by blktie96ss
              As far as I can tell no one has posted the directions yet! :-\ Was wanting see what back a#@ roads they take us on this year! You know you have to be carefull running the back roads of Arkansas, even us Okies don't do that.
              How come? I got a pickup, I'll fit right in! ;D
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

i go on once a week just to look for the route directions. i'm not a computer nerd, so if someone can explain to me how to pull them over here, i'll do it when they come up.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

NM

Comment

Hey, blktie96, I resemble that remark. ;D

I have been down some of the back roads of Oklahoma....not much better.

I cannot wait for the route. That is my favorite part of the PT is the two lane back roads, the little downs, and the people in those little towns that welcome the PT.

Ah, two lane blacktop, summer day, top down (on the car) and cruisin'. Doesn't get much better! :D

Comment

The backroads are the best part. To see all the people that have come out just to watch all of the cars go through town. Seeing the smiles on little kids faces when all the cars go through. Seeing some of their very nice cars parked on the side of the road because they cannot make the Power Tour but they take the time to see the tour go by.

I have known many people that miss all of this and just haul butt on the interstate to get to the next venue, these are some of the same people that are always complaining about the Power Tour because the venue shows are not entertaining them.

The Power Tour is what you make of it. Everybody has their own idea of fun and how they think they want to run the tour for themself.
                      1964 Chevelle
                      Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                      LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Don't get me wrong I love the back roads, you kind of feel like hot rod royalty when you go thru town. I have some great memories like back in 03 at a little Mississippi (i think) town with one gas station and a four way stop. The gas station was cooking fried chicken as fast as they could and the local cop was leaning against his car telling people to do burnouts! Then what about 05 when we ran the twisty road thru Missouri! Those roads were awesome, I almost hated to get back on the highway!

Comment

Well i dont car if all we see is corn fields, this is the 1st power tour for my buddies and me, its also the 1 st time 3 of them have been to america and definatly the 1st time i have been to the middle. If it wasnt for the tour i doubt i would be visiting any of the towns or states it passes through.

I cant wait to pick up my car from my buddies place also looking forward to meeting him and his family. Having only known him through his forum, also looking forward to meeting up with a few others i have known for a while on the forum as well as you guys who have offered so much advice to a noob

Comment

Power tour is great going through the small towns and seeing people sitting by the roadside. We have an opportunity to see Smalltown USA and their lifestyle, BUT to spend days and a lot of money on gas to see cornfields day after day does get old. For guests of another country, we have a lot more to offer them such as national parks and other historical sights. It would be nice if the people who determine the route to take into consideration that participants would like to stop and see some sights along the way. It may be a one time opportunity to be in that part of the USA and leave the time clock at the main stage open until 7 or 8 p.m. so we don't have to rush to leave Point A to reach Point B.

Meeting people here on automotive forums and having the opportunity to meet them face to face on this tour is definitely a plus. Wishing you a safe trip Chief.
                            2006 HRPT LH
                            2007 HRPT LH
                            2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

I agree with LadyGT. We all need to slow down and enjoy the cruise and life. They should leave the time of check in much later for those of us who would like to stop and smell the roses. ;D
                              It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Working...
                              X