Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HORRIFYING Thought

Originally posted by 1956NY150
    When should the directions be published?
    Bob
    Bob

My guess another couple of weeks. Seems they come out 2 - 3 weeks before the start.

Comment

Re: HORRIFYING Thought

as of friday, they still weren't out. i check every few days.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I like this thought
        Last edited by 1956NY150; May 3, 2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

are you thinking of the future of this thread or do you have thoughts that occured before it started?

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
          I like this thought
          a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by 65Marlin View Post
            Sorry, no rice fields in Missouri :
            Ah yes, there are. When I was living in Cape Girardeau I saw plenty in the boot heel area. There is some low lying land down there and they build berms and flood it.
            Powertour off/on since 2002
            sigpic

Comment

Oh and if you want a real "terrifying thought" Just type in bangshift.com in your favorite internet browser, but leave out the letter "F." That's a bad typo.
              Last edited by bishir; May 3, 2011, 12:38 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I saw Catfish farms last year, Tobacco fields, and also corn......I don't care where PT goes, it's the cars and the people and mostly these people on this forum!! Looking forward to seeing everyone in June!

Bob will you redo the directions again this year?
                200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Driving is what I enjoyed last year. For me, it was the 9 year anniversary of pulling my GTS out of a barn from a 17 year nap...

My paint was like 10 days old.
                  I enjoyed the drive, because I am used to rural 2 lanes here in Nebraska.
                  To me, Kentucky and Tennessee were a riot with the roads an twists and drops.
                  I almost with I had time to run some mountain road I saw on Speed, think it was the Dragon's back or something like that.

I'm seeing some of these drives are looking to be brutal, but I am just excited as hell.
                  This is my therapy for a very rough last year...the idea of just rolling on a 2 lane, and soaking up the miles.

I'll leave hanging out in a chair under a tree for someone else.

And, besides...I want to race those sonafabeeyotches again from year one. Leaving the Duquoin fair ground, I owe Kevin King a rematch.
                  Andrew
                  1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                  2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

You know: If you click the following it's gotta be pretty darn close to the official route as it avoids interstates and there aren't much better options.

Remember this is the fastest calculated route avoiding interstates. Check the bar on the right and you'll see the estimated time to each stop. There are two trips that approach 7+ hours and that's BEFORE you add in your time for gas stops, lunch, peeing on the side of the road etc...
                    Last edited by bishir; May 4, 2011, 06:48 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

EliteMan,
                      It's called the "Tail of the Dragon". The LS1-GTO crowd hits it a couple of times a year.
                      Non-denominational car nut.
                      Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                      Do you go all the way?

Comment

The road you're talking about is "Tail of the Dragon" in Deal's Gap, NC. It has 318 curves in 11 miles. Google it for more info.
                        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Might have to see about that deal, as I am going out in September to Pigeon Forge for a large show.
                          Andrew
                          1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                          2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                          X