No announcement yet.

3rd Bangshift Spring Blooms Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What time is everyone meeting up to hit the museum on Friday?

I'm still up in the air on making it, but not ruling it out yet
    1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
    2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
    2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

• Originally posted by Northeast Rod Run View Post
      What time is everyone meeting up to hit the museum on Friday?

I'm still up in the air on making it, but not ruling it out yet
      TJ

Not sure what time you are heading down, but this is the plan for me and a few others from the So. Pennsylvania/ Baltimore/ Western Maryland area.
      If you leave on Thursday and make it Frederick, MD (about an 8 hour drive), you can start in the pre drive (we did it last year with 4 cars)... I'd PM "novadriver" for a place to stay, he knows the area pretty well and has a Nova

This from from Post # 191 from "novadriver" (i.e Chris)

Looks like this year we may have a few more cars coming from points further then the Frederick,MD area. So I have a mini cruise planed meeting in Frederick if anyone can make it. Here is the schedule:
      10:30-11:00am Meet and great At Famous Dave's parking lot RT 40 (W.Patrick St)
      11:00-12:00 Lunch one of three places(Famous Dave's, Hard Times Cafe, or Burger King) All walking distance.
      12:00pm- Hit the road for Eavers Car Museum. about 3 1/2 to 4 hour trip. (RT15S to RT29S to I-64W) stopping half way for gas.
      Arrive at Car Muesum around 4:00. Hang out there and make our way to the Hotel.
      After checking in and hanging out go find some dinner somewhere.
      Then party it up at the Hotel till morning.
      I also have a route planned for the return trip that will be some nice back roads.

Let me know who is coming and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks
      Last edited by Vsolo; February 7, 2012, 08:08 PM.
      So. Central PA
      Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

• thanks Bill

If I do go, I can't afford to take the Camaro because of gas prices. I'm hoping my GTO will be put back together from the yearly winter upgrades by then (plus no salt left on the roads up my way). If those weren't ready, all I have left is my HHR Panel (special Rod Run Edition... LOL!!!) and I'm not sure that would fit in with you guys??

Originally posted by Vsolo View Post
        TJ

Not sure what time you are heading down, but this is the plan for me and a few others from the So. Pennsylvania/ Baltimore/ Western Maryland area.
        If you leave on Thursday and make it Frederick, MD (about an 8 hour drive), you can start in the pre drive (we did it last year with 4 cars)... I'd PM "novadriver" for a place to stay, he knows the area pretty well and has a Nova
        Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; February 7, 2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

thanks Bill

If I do go, I can't afford to take the Camaro because of gas prices. I'm hoping my GTO will be put back together from the yearly winter upgrades by then (plus no salt left on the roads up my way). If those weren't ready, all I have left is my HHR Panel (special Rod Run Edition... LOL!!!) and I'm not sure that would fit in with you guys??
          Oh like it would have been any different with a Mercedes 380 SL on the NERR.

Hey from what I've seen all your cars are cool and beside you'll have a good time
          So. Central PA

Comment

• Originally posted by Vsolo View Post
            Oh like it would have been any different with a Mercedes 380 SL on the NERR.

Hey from what I've seen all your cars are cool and beside you'll have a good time
            I guess you do have a point there. We can't always have our first (or even second) option available if we have to much stuff planned throughout the year. All my cars end up having some type of downtime each year and it can't all be done over just the winter

Comment

I guess you do have a point there. We can't always have our first (or even second) option available if we have to much stuff planned throughout the year. All my cars end up having some type of downtime each year and it can't all be done over just the winter
              this sounds like something I would say but we all know there's not enough hours in the day I'm usually turning wrenches on whatever I'm taking right up until the time I have to leave

Comment

• I'm in! Put me on the list.
                Non-denominational car nut.
                Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                Do you go all the way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Impala_Guy View Post
                  I'm in! Put me on the list.
                  Glad your going to go with us this time.
                  Longhauler 2009,2011
                  Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

• Glad to here more are in. was getting tierd of here people saying they can't make. Any more out there going along??? It's going to be a blast. Just 2 months away.

Comment

• Dad just booked the rooms. Just a couple months away!
                      The youngest guy on the board
                      76 vega
                      86 fiero

Comment

• Originally posted by 64casteel View Post
                        Dad just booked the rooms. Just a couple months away!
                        Thats a little soon for him...
                        Longhauler 2009,2011
                        Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

• Originally posted by novadriver View Post
                          Glad to here more are in. was getting tierd of here people saying they can't make. Any more out there going along??? It's going to be a blast. Just 2 months away.
                          Yes got a local friend, who should be chiming in here shortly, it will be him & his wife and their Nova
                          So. Central PA

Comment

• Originally posted by 65 mustang View Post
                            Thats a little soon for him...
                            What can i say, hes finally putting his big girl panties on.
                            The youngest guy on the board
                            76 vega
                            86 fiero

Comment

• OK here's the lastest update. I drove the route from Frederick down today. Found a alot of gas stations, a few parts stores, walmart, and a junk yard along the way. So that part of the trip is ready. I stopped in at Evears Car Museum and warned him we are coming and gave him a flyer i made up. He said bring on the cars. He is looking forward to see all of our cars in April. They are going to spread the word and try to round up some locals for a Cruise in Fri evening. I said we would probaly be rolling in around 4:00 or so. Also if the weather is warm enough he said they had some tables we could set up outside if we wanted to order pizza or pick up food somwhere and hang there as long as we want.There is also Hot Rod shop just up the road I got the number so i will call and see if theres anything we could check out there. Each day is one day closer. See you all soon

Comment

• wahhhhh (crying)....wish i was going.
                                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                                X