No announcement yet.

3rd Bangshift Spring Blooms Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds good, lets get the final say so from everyone else and then choose the date
    The youngest guy on the board
    76 vega
    86 fiero

Comment

I am really hoping to make one of the 2 extra tours next year, the fall one will be easier for me to get to, because of lack of vacation time till June 1

I am in for doing the TofD in the fall, there is a Microtel in Robbinsville, NC that would put us right in the middle of everything and would probably keep the prices down too if we decided earlier enough.
      Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by 64casteel View Post
        I say lets lets do Skyline Drive
        Friday tour the museum and spend the night in Waynesboro
        Saturday drive the Skyline Drive and tour the Caverns
        Sunday go home

Comment

Hope I can go on the "Spring Fling Thing" ! If so, I would love to cook on the Skyline. Just did the entire thing last month and accept for the speed limit, thought it was great ! (lots of deer though) Stayed at a lodge on the northern end and it was very nice, with rooms, restaurant, bar, live entertainment, and a souvenir shop ! Very reasonable too.

Seems like the Skyline is a better choice for cruisin than the Tail. Even on the bike, the Tail of the Dragon was more work than fun. . . at least on a big Hog !

I can just imagine it already . . . fresh grilled gator tail . . . fresh shrimp kebobs . . . fresh steak Philly subs . . . ahhhh, the posibilities are endless with the MotorHead or Toolbox Grill !

Ready for lunch Chef Dave
          DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Skyline in the Spring and Tail of the Dragon in fall has my vote. As for a date in April I was just looking at Skyline Drives website and found that There is no $15.00 enterance fees on the 21st or the 28th of April 2012 do to it being National Park Week. I don't know if this affects anyone else but I' m CHEAP so one of those days works for me. I like Dave's idea about a lunch stop. We could start the drive around 9am and who cares if we don't get done till 4pm. Then check out some Caverns and Party at the Hotel the rest of the night. There's my toughts so you guys pick a date and I will be there. See you in the Spring.

Comment

Spring tour sounds fun,But next week going to Gadsden Al for first friday ,its only 700 mi from Houston.
              Danny/Zachary
              HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Have fun Danny - how's retirement treating you ?
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by novadriver View Post
                  Skyline in the Spring and Tail of the Dragon in fall has my vote. As for a date in April I was just looking at Skyline Drives website and found that There is no $15.00 enterance fees on the 21st or the 28th of April 2012 do to it being National Park Week. I don't know if this affects anyone else but I' m CHEAP so one of those days works for me. I like Dave's idea about a lunch stop. We could start the drive around 9am and who cares if we don't get done till 4pm. Then check out some Caverns and Party at the Hotel the rest of the night. There's my toughts so you guys pick a date and I will be there. See you in the Spring.
                  FYI, the 21st or 28th would be too close for the people that want to do the Hot Rod Power Tour to attend. that is why it was earlier in the month.
                  So. Central PA
                  Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Vsolo View Post
                    FYI, the 21st or 28th would be too close for the people that want to do the Hot Rod Power Tour to attend. that is why it was earlier in the month.
                    ??? the Power Tour is June. I was talking about Skyline in April. (were you thinking May?) And you will only miss one day of work in April. My job is cool with that. Or could start work at 5:00 on Fri. leave work around 1-1:30 and still make it to Waynesboro in time to party Fri night.

Comment

anyweekend but the weekend of the 13th and possibly the 28th. The family all have Birthdays on the weekend of the 13th, his is the 13th mines the 15th moms is the 16th. they want to have to time to go party so the weekend needs to be open. My sister's baby is due sometime before may 2nd and we would like to be there for that.
                      The 21 sounds perfect.
                      The youngest guy on the board
                      76 vega
                      86 fiero

Comment

we did it the last weekend of april last year because the 2nd weekend was maxton and the third weekend was easter. i'll have to see if i can find next years calender to see when easter is. when maxton moves to ohio, will it still run the 2nd weekend and will everyone still be going to it?

so, looks like we will do the the skyline drive. staying at the quality inn in waynesboro friday nite, maybe go to that museum on friday afternoon??, do the drive on saturday with DTB cooking for lunch (if you say your in, your in Dave ), caverns at the end, maybe staying at the lodge at the end. Dave, can you post the lodges website so we can check it out?

if anyone has any other ideas or concerns or wants to do something differant, let us hear from you. this is everyones tour.
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

oh, we still need a name.
                          "Spring Bloom Cruise" and "Fallin Leaf Cruise"

I'm sure you guys can come up with something better than that.

we also have:
                          DTB's "Spring Fling Thing"
                          White Monster's "Forum Freaks Fest"
                          Last edited by cobra; October 27, 2011, 07:55 AM.
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

??? the Power Tour is June. I was talking about Skyline in April. (were you thinking May?) And you will only miss one day of work in April. My job is cool with that. Or could start work at 5:00 on Fri. leave work around 1-1:30 and still make it to Waynesboro in time to party Fri night.
                            ha ha, if I could read I would have seen April.... DOH....
                            then it is May, then June, that will work
                            Last edited by Vsolo; October 27, 2011, 08:13 AM.
                            So. Central PA
                            Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

I was just looking at Skyline Drives website and found that There is no $15.00 enterance fees on the 21st or the 28th of April 2012 do to it being National Park Week. I don't know if this affects anyone else but I' m CHEAP so one of those days works for me.
                              The problem with going on those two dates just to save $15.00, is that everyone else that wants to save the money waits until then also, so now you have to deal with much more traffic. In the grand scheme of things, spending fifteen bucks is not even noticed on a trip like this

Anytime you do something like this, you are always better off going at a time when you know it's going to be less volume, which means stay away from free addmission days and holidays. You get much more of the road to yourself that way
                              1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
                              2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
                              2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                                our run is 11 to 12 hours to Waynesboro and probably another 3 or 4 extra from the other end. no excuses....it's only time
                                I agree with you 100%

I'm 10+ hours from the the northern end of Skyline. It's just a matter of how much vacation time I have to go around, because with NERR is going to take 3 or 4 days of my time next year because it's going to be a longer trip than normal
                                1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
                                2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
                                2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Working...
                                X