2012 Power Tour Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Power Tour Information

I've been scouring around for any "confirmed" or "official" information regarding the 2012 Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour and this is all I've been able to substantiate;

Saturday, June 02, 2012 in Detroit, Michigan
    Saturday, June 09, 2012 at Texas Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Apparently they have the second to last stop "inked" in (didn't announce where), but none of the other stops.

Does anybody have any other "confirmed" or "officially released" information ?

Muskegon is the second stop, Stillwater Oklahoma is the second to last stop.

Comment

Are you concerned Steve because you are going in 2012?

Linda

Comment

Hey, I've "been going" to go every year since I started ...
        I just looked and Saturday, June 2 is the first ECTA meet in Wilmington, Ohio, our new home.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
          I just looked and Saturday, June 2 is the first ECTA meet in Wilmington, Ohio, our new home.
          I thought the first meet was in April?
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
            Yeah, I saw that, too, and I like a dummy immediately started Mapping out how to do both - Fat Chance!

Maybe if I mail my drivers license to Detroit, let my twin sign me in and pick up my long haul credentials; I could LSR on Saturday and rejoin the group in Muskegon - Not.

O.K. let the twin cover me for the first stop in Muskegon and then I take over at stop 3....., but no one knows where that is.
            ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

PT 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
              Yeah, I saw that, too, and I like a dummy immediately started Mapping out how to do both - Fat Chance!

Maybe if I mail my drivers license to Detroit, let my twin sign me in and pick up my long haul credentials; I could LSR on Saturday and rejoin the group in Muskegon - Not.

O.K. let the twin cover me for the first stop in Muskegon and then I take over at stop 3....., but no one knows where that is.
              you could still join the tour on monday and do 5 days. you just wouldn't get the long haul.
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post

I heard today the stop after Muskegon on the 4th will be in Champaign IL.

Comment

Originally posted by thedodgeboys View Post
                  I heard today the stop after Muskegon on the 4th will be in Champaign IL.

Champaign, IL, on June 4th........

Experience Champaign-Urbana - Enjoy our local food, artisans, parks & preserves, and everything that makes us Brilliant.

Comment

2012 Hot Rod Power Tour
                    The Champaign County Convention and Visitors Bureau is bringing the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour to Champaign County on Monday, June 4, 2012.# The 18th consecutive year for this “ultimate Hot Rodder vacation” will have cars cruising into Champaign County for this tour stop generating an estimated economic impact of $1.3 million.

Comment

when they going to give us the full schedule ? ready to see where it is going.

Comment

it's goin to Texas
                        2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                        2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                        2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                        2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                        2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                        2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                        2012 Northeast Rod Run
                        2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Hot Rod Power Tour coming back in 2012
                          Submitted by Bob Brenzing, Web Producer
                          Wednesday, August 24th, 2011, 10:35am

MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - Hot Rod Magazines' Power Tour plans to refuel in Muskegon again next summer.

The tour requested the return visit to Muskegon for Sunday, June 3rd. City leaders have already voted to support the event which is expected to be held in the same part of downtown.

Next summer the tour starts in Detroit on June 2nd. The Muskegon and Detroit dates are the only stops confirmed at this time.

Tourism leaders estimate the event drew 20,000 people and created an estimated economic impact of $1 million.

A Muskegon car club secured local sponsors and held fundraisers to cover fees associated with securing the event. They are expected to do the same next summer.

Saturday, June 2, 2012 in Detroit, Michigan
                          Sunday, June 3, 2012 Muskegon, Michigan
                          Monday, June 4, 2012 University of Illinois’ Assembly Hall - Champaign, Illinois
                          Tuesday, June 5
                          Wednesday, June 6
                          Thursday, June 7
                          Friday, June 8 Texas Stadium - Arlington, Texas
                          Saturday, June 9, 2012 Texas Stadium - Arlington, Texas

Does anybody have any other "confirmed" or "officially released" information ?

Last edited by Monster; November 21, 2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

family events site shows June 7th in Stillwater, Oklahoma...

Bonnier LLC is an outdoor adventure company that fuels passion for fishing, boating, sailing, motorsports, hunting and travel.

Comment

Just adding myself to this thread to keep tabs.
                              Plotting and planning when I need to get my butt to bed.
                              Andrew
                              1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                              2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                              X