Last day for the Long Haulers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last day for the Long Haulers

Just trying to plan for the final day on the PT and I have a question. What/how much is there going on Saturday for the LH people? The wife and I can't decide if we should stay Saturday night and try to make the complete drive home on Sunday (610 miles) or cut out on Saturday after the festivities and drive about halfway home. I guess it comes down to what time everything wraps up on Saturday.
    So, what can we expect?

Re: Last day for the Long Haulers

Everything should be over by noon Saturday.
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Long Hauler awards usually end around 11 or 12 noon. There is plenty of time to put some miles behind you. Last year Little Rock held a cruise Saturday afternoon for those that hung around. I do not know if Madison is planning anything for Saturday afternoon. I personally hope to get somewhere betwee St. Louis and Springfield Mo. Saturday and then finish the drive home Sunday. It will be two long days of driving, but I have to be at work Monday morning. Our drive home will be a little over 1200 miles. So we will be ready to hit the road as soon as they wrap up the ceremonies.
      1964 Chevelle
      Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
      LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

MOST WANT TO CUT-OUT sometime soon after the picture and awards are handed out. FRIDAY nite is the get-together nite. 2 days to travel 610 fter a week on the road sounds good to me; unless you want to see the area.
        maybe you will see a place while on tour; that you want to stop at on your way home.

Comment

It's usually done by lunch time. One last round of sponsors patting themselves on the back, group photo, drawing for the prize/car, then adios. One year we actually sang "happy birthday" to one of the Long Haulers. I think the last name was "Byrn." ;D
          Non-denominational car nut.
          Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
          Do you go all the way?

Comment

Originally posted by dand38s
            Long Hauler awards usually end around 11 or 12 noon. There is plenty of time to put some miles behind you. Last year Little Rock held a cruise Saturday afternoon for those that hung around. I do not know if Madison is planning anything for Saturday afternoon. I personally hope to get somewhere betwee St. Louis and Springfield Mo. Saturday and then finish the drive home Sunday. It will be two long days of driving, but I have to be at work Monday morning. Our drive home will be a little over 1200 miles. So we will be ready to hit the road as soon as they wrap up the ceremonies.
            Sounds like we are heading the same way. I live about 45 minutes from Springfield.

Comment

Thanks everybody for the info. I can cut a day off my hotel reservation if the thing is over at noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Impala_Guy
                It's usually done by lunch time. One last round of sponsors patting themselves on the back, group photo, drawing for the prize/car, then adios. One year we actually sang "happy birthday" to one of the Long Haulers. I think the last name was "Byrn." ;D
                We need to forget that chapter.
                2006 HRPT LH
                2007 HRPT LH
                2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Working...
                X