Western Scenic Tour Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Scenic Tour Rally

I know this is the site for the PT. Just thought I'd jump in here as a past pt participant and advertise my website for the Western Scenic Tour Rally. The site is in its infant stages but is online as of today. So check it out at www.wstrally.com

Thanks Freaks. I will see you on the pt next year.
    Doug
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Re: Western Scenic Tour Rally

Nice!
    2006 HRPT LH
    2007 HRPT LH
    2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

i showed leanne your site and she was interested but the kids will be in school at that time. are ya planning on doing it about the same time next year or moving it into the summer sometime, or have you even thought that far ahead yet?

Comment

Next year I am more flexible I think since I should be retired next year. We picked this time of year for several reasons such as after Labor Day, hotel costs are cheaper. The parks are less crowded too and its about 3 months after the PT so the carjunkies will be hungry for one last tour before the winter gets here. I am open to all suggestions and routes of travel!

Comment

sorry, it's tough to take two long periods off, so close together. also, too far west for those of us from florida. good luck in your venture though.
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

normally september would be a great time to go. not hot and not to cold. and i agree with all of the other reason but this year we have kids now and can't take them out of school. i could probably make it without them next year, this year i'll be out of vacation time by september.

Comment

I was discussing this tour with my husband last night and he said "bye". lol. I just looked at him with wonder. He actually gave me permission to go and I said I can't because of lack of finances and it was in September.

What you have set up, Doug, is an awesome itinerary but your timing doesn't work for those who have kids. I would love to have gone on this with my youngest daughter but school begins the first week of August. :'( I understand your reasons though for how you set it up.

I look forward to seeing what you have planned for '09.

2006 HRPT LH
              2007 HRPT LH
              2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Understand Denise. I cant think of any time that is perfect for everyone. The PT does not work for my wife because she is not out of school (teacher) until two weeks after the tour so she does not get to go. I will certainly take any suggestions for next years. Of course if we move it into summer as one of the freaks said, its closer to the PT and dont want to take away from that or have too many folks state that they cant afford to do both. So....what can you do. We look for cheaper costs for lodging, cooler weather for traveling and less crowds at the national parks so this is what I have for this year. But I sure appreciate everyones comments and if you cant make it, tell your friends and neighbors about it! Maybe next year will work better.

Comment

I would be willing to forgo the HRPT in exchange for your deal. I think it would be a lot less stressful because there are no time constraints.
                  2006 HRPT LH
                  2007 HRPT LH
                  2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

I agree it sounds like a much nicer, slower paced trip. I know you can not please everyone. As for us we are into the harvesting of cucumbers and the start of the jalapeno harvest that we store in our tankyard so it would be impossible for us. That is why we went on PT last year and had initially signed up to go this year. But to slow the pace down a little we are headding for Black Hill Overdrive. We are still going to Mad town on Friday and are now talking about MN.

Comment

Seriously considering this for next year, probably fly out and rent a car. As others have stated, it sounds much more relaxed.
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

A forum freak tour would be awesome!! 8)
                        2006 HRPT LH
                        2007 HRPT LH
                        2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

i only go to the vendors to get my free stuff then i'm off to the next one. a tour with out the vendors and the fast paced rush to get the cards stamped would be ok with me. i'm in it for the cars and meeting the other people that are into their cars like i am. it looked like you were going to be in a couple of cities for more than one day if i was looking at it right. that would give us time to actually see some sites of the places we are at. i like that. there is another site i go to that is putting on a cruise the same time as the power tour but theirs is only for the weekend. theirs is slower paced, smaller group of cars, no vendors. just a group of people enjoying their cars. what power tour used to be. they are going to end their tour in springfield the same day we are there. i'm hoping to meet up with some of them there that day for a little while.

Comment

You are right Mike. We will have two days in Vegas, two days in Jackson Hole and the Tetons and then the last two days in Yellowstone. There is so much to see in those areas even two days will be tough. This will be a low key event with time to stop and see the sights. These 4 places are not national parks for nothing, each has something very special for sure.

Hope to see you on next years scenic tour!

Comment

when did they turn vegas into a national park? i missed that news broad cast. :o ;D (J/K)

Comment

Working...
                              X