Forum Freaks Home ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Freaks Home ?

Ok everybody, here's the deal ... we've heard that possibly all our Forum Freak threads and post that are not related to the HRPT on this board, are preventing people interested in that specific activity to make posts or even sign-up as a new member.

I do not know if this is true or not, but I know our intent is definately not to drive people away from the event we all love, so ....

... I know we are an opinionated group, so a poll is in order.

Would you be fine with having our own Forum Freak Home board under the Unofficial Hot Rod Power Tour board, for all our non-HRPT banter and socializing to take place ?

- or -

Would you rather it not change from the way it currently is,

- or -

You don't care either way.

Please let us know what you think ...
    A Forum Freak Home board is fine.
    18.97%
    No, leave it the way it is now !
    53.45%
    I don't care one way or the other or don't know what you are talking about.
    27.59%
    Last edited by Monster; November 18, 2011, 11:29 AM.

I voted to ad another board but if we leave it the way it is now, I'm fine with that too. I'm flexible.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

If our banter is driving people away - then perhaps they aren't a good fit with us anyway.

IF we are hurting Bangshift, then give us a home where we can talk about PowerTour and all the other crap we think of and warn the "normal people" to not enter. You know us pretty good Steve - what do you think that the chances would be that you could keep us on topic even if you seperated our social activities from the actual PowerTour threads?

Comment

I'm with Bob..Just as long as we have the forum we'll get by..But please don't do the whole sign up thing again. That was tough on us non geeks..
        I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

are preventing people interested in that specific activity to make posts or even sign-up as a new member.

Huh ? you mean the pondering and wondering and Woodward and Spring Blooms threads (under the Unofficial Power Tour) are not directly HRPT so they actually might prevent someone from signing up ? I say BS to that - it's added fodder to a fun thing and fun people who have morphed it into what it is. I don't consider that as a bad thing. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Oops that's music (sort of) related. And this is my politically (oops) correct version.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

what the hell are you talking about steve?
            Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

My take is there wouldn't be much activity on the Unofficial HRPT board if the Freaks weren't posting in there and posting in a new Freak forum.

Hot Rod wants us posting on thier forum more, here were a hindrance to new people signing up?
              Dannie
              2010 Camaro SS
              Long Haul 2010/2011
              Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

sounds like liberal jibberish....... it started this way,,,,leave it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCamaro View Post
                  My take is there wouldn't be much activity on the Unofficial HRPT board if the Freaks weren't posting in there and posting in a new Freak forum.

Hot Rod wants us posting on thier forum more, here were a hindrance to new people signing up?
                  Roger that - Dannie and Mike -
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Do we have to be politically correct now also?? ???
                    OH YEAH
                    Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

I don't see whats wrong with the way things are
                      if someone comes here to just talk Power Tour good for them but we are a group & a group discusses numerous things
                      leave us alone
                      2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                      2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                      2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                      2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                      2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                      2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                      2012 Northeast Rod Run
                      2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by fine59 View Post
                        what the hell are you talking about steve?
                        I couldn't have said it any better.
                        Longhauler 2009,2011
                        Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

Originally posted by 65 mustang View Post
                          i couldn't have said it any better.
                          hot rod
                          carjunkietv.com
                          bangshift

i was following the freaks and david f

[email protected]

my only loyality is to the freaks
                          bob
                          Last edited by 1956NY150; November 18, 2011, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Gee, I consider this board to be 'home' for us.......I totally agree with Allen that people who are put off by our banter probably won't like us anyhow........besides, B/S already has a General Discussion board.......
                            Hey Boob, you forgot to include Frieburgers' Junkyard.......
                            Last edited by oletrux4evr; November 18, 2011, 08:43 PM.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                              Ok everybody, here's the deal ... we've heard that possibly all our Forum Freak threads and post that are not related to the HRPT on this board, are preventing people interested in that specific activity to make posts or even sign-up as a new member.
                              Why should that have anything to do with the ability to sign-up? Esplain please, Bruab, care to shed some light?
                              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X