Minnesota Tourers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Tourers

I'll be leaving Winona and heading down I35 to Kabsas City and then on to Little Rock.

Plan is to head out Thursday afternoon after getting off work. Drive as far as I feel comfortable with, then doing the rest of it on Friday. Rand McNally website tells me its about a 14 hour drive so doing it all in one day doesn't sound like fun. Kansas City is the halfway point as far as travel time is concerned. I thought to get past KC and stop for the night. That would be a long drive Thursday night.

At least Friday's drive would be more sedate. No need to rush, should be able to arrive mid afternoon Friday and get registered. Hang out for a while, get something to eat and head to the motel.

That's the plan anyway.

I know there are several cars from Minnesota heading down. Anyone else planning to leave Thursday afternoon? I'm hoping to hit the road about 2 or 3pm.

Re: Minnesota Tourers

My wife and I are planning to leave Minneapolis Friday morning, stay in Kansas City that night and finish the drive to Little Rock Saturday. Unfortunately that doesn't work with your plans, Rande. But yeah, I think staying in KC is the way to go.

Comment

I live about an hour south of Mpls/St Paul. I also plan on leaving on Friday morning sometime. It is about 6 hours to KC so I'm sure I will drive past it and stay somewhere south the first day. The farther I get on day one, the less I will have to drive on Sat. I do not have anything reserved for Friday night yet.
      Gary
      67 GTO

Comment

i might leave fri am also, but like a-body2 said, the further the better....a little energy drink, and little rock all the way!! j/k i have nothing reserved for friday, or even know what time i'm leaving.

Comment

We will be leaving Friday also, late morning and driving to the other side of KC or so and then the rest of the way Sat.
          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

I won't be doing the complete PT, but will be leaving Monday morning, to meet up with the gang in Lincoln, NE (for Tuesday stop). I know one other car doing that also. Any others?

Comment

I don't have anything reserved for Friday yet either and I could be persuaded to drive past KC. Ditto on the energy drinks. I'll be stocking up on Rockstar. Anyone interested in forming a mini tour to Little Rock on Friday and Saturday?

Comment

I'll have to look for you guys down there. Our group is planning to head down Thursday and roll into Little Rock on Friday....

Comment

JimSC, there are some people from this area heading to Lincoln and also Ames to catch the tour.
                  Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

I know several at least heading to Rochester, MN. That just could be the biggest stop ever....?

Comment

Hey Moparjim, Mnmotorhead, anyone else.... We should try to figure somthing out as for Friday, as you know it is only 30 days now.....I'm pretty open on what time Friday to leave, and am open on which routes to take. (which means I haven't even looked yet ;D)

Comment

We may be in Albert Lea around 11:30 AM Friday. Still ironing out the details.

Comment

I'm going - I'm in Champlin, but the family and I are going a week early and spending time vacationing in Branson, MO...

We'll be in Little Rock on the 6th.

You can see my car at www.driven-1.com

Stefan

Comment

We plan on staying past KC but we don't know how far past yet. It would be great to cruise together if it works out. Our start time may be optional Friday. We will need to get cell phone numbers to get the plans ironed out. Use PM.

Comment

Abody 2, what time are you heading out?

Comment

Working...
                              X