Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NW SW or Just WEST or Chicago Power Tour Long Hualers -Chicago Thrusday Night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW SW or Just WEST or Chicago Power Tour Long Hualers -Chicago Thrusday Night!

Hey I know this is far out, but just wondering how many Power Tour Long Haulers are going to be coming from the West are planning on being in the Chicago Land Area on Thursday Night May 31st?

I am up by Gurnee IL (10 miles south of the WI border), and wondering if anyone needs a place for the night, or if we all would want to take off from a central location, maybe like an exit off of I80..

It is about a 6 hours from my house to Mount Clemens, MI
    and i plan on leaving early Friday Morning to make the VA visit (still needs to planned)
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

If I don't decide to go earlier than that (to see family in DTW) I'm in.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
      Hey I know this is far out, but just wondering how many Power Tour Long Haulers are going to be coming from the West are planning on being in the Chicago Land Area on Thursday Night May 31st?

I am up by Gurnee IL (10 miles south of the WI border), and wondering if anyone needs a place for the night, or if we all would want to take off from a central location, maybe like an exit off of I80..

It is about a 6 hours from my house to Mount Clemens, MI
      and i plan on leaving early Friday Morning to make the VA visit (still needs to planned)
      we are heading that way on thursday, and have yet to decide where we will be spending the night. chicago is just over half way for us. i like the idea of heading in together on friday. we keep this in mind as it gets closer.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
        If I don't decide to go earlier than that (to see family in DTW) I'm in.
        Same here... might be swinging by with the parents around that time, got some more planning to do before then though lol
        '95 S10: 350sbc/th350 (for now)
        '05 Cobalt SS: 13.4@105 (boost + money = fun)
        '03 GSXR1000: exhaust, stacks, filter, PCIII, nitrous, plenty of other stuff
        GO CAPITALS!!!!!

Comment

We were planning on staying around Rockford or Beloit. So might work.
          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

I will keep my ears open for a cruise night in the Chicago area for Thrusday night!!! or maybe bbq at my place? Round Lake, IL
            Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Phil...discussed with Mel tonight. She most likely can't go to London now because of her new job at a school that is turning out nice for her.

She may not be able to go for powertour {still trying to convince one of my brothers to go for PT2012}...so, keep me in the loop.
              Andrew
              1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
              2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Are you working afternoons now ? Save your vacation.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Well, doing second shift technically. By the time June hits, I will be anyways.

I will have around 14-16 vaction days this year because I stayed put here. I plan on burning them for PT if I can help it.
                  Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Meeting Spot Found

South Holland Oasis
                    On I294/I80 Tollway (east bound)

Click here for GOOGLE MAP

Long Lat
                    +41.578438,-87.599666

Unknown time but it is about 5 hours from Mount Clemens. If we meet early enough we can make it to the VA visit when one is planned.

There are plenty of hotels west of between I 55 and the Oasis.

I will be coming from the north down I94 to I294 from the Gurnee area (10 miles south of the WI border).

any one east of there let me know and we can try to meet up with you at an exit or something with cell phones and you can just cruise right into the train!
                    Last edited by GTPilot88; November 30, 2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

I can only hope the hellish road construction I got stuck in on the east side of the interstate headed to Chicago is done by now...

Kicking things around right now. Not registered yet.
                      Andrew

Comment

Construction is never done in Chicago....If that one is done they always move to another interstate, and it just is once continuous cycle because by the time they get them all done it is time for the first one all over again, and the other trick is to know what times to be out there too.

WHEN YOU or anyone head this way for PT i will post some info on construction if i have them..

Think most people going to PT and the rest of the US from the west, north or around I80 have to go on I80/94 or I90 to get around Lake Michigan. There is never a good time to go through there if you aren't used to LARGE city traffic, but definitely some times are better than others.

Comment

Working...
                        X