No announcement yet.

Looking for a Hotshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it have to be this weekend? I have plans to be in Detroit this weekend,but i would be glad to help maybe next weekend Mike. I have an enclosed and a truck, but cant do it this weekend. Give me a call man.......
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17
    "Stay thirsty my friends"
    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Sorry Mike, I got the same thing you got with the numbers..Now I have to look for a new guy..
      I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
        I would so do it for you but I don't have the equipment... I can sometimes get 3 days off in a row.. but with the holidays in season that is unlikely right now..... Got to love working in retail
        Thanks for the offer Scott. I so know that you would help in a heartbeat

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
        Please tell me it is a 69 Hurst/Olds convertible with the W30 option - that would be a HUGE score!
        That would truly be a HUGE score. Even if someone made a 1 of none like that, I still couldn't afford it. This one is just another cutlass ragtop. Think Donna will be pissed when I sell her car to pay for it?

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
        OK - - Teeter Auto Transport is who I've used to ship iron before Mike - not mine of course, I'm a Po-Boy .................
        Google them - tell Jerry that Phil from Mainfreight sent ya.
        Thanks Phil, for a second I thought both you and Rett were messing with me. I called Teeter today and got the same type response as I did when I called Dee's that Rett had used. I don't know why I expected them to answer the phone when I kept dialing the wrong number. So I will try again with the "correct" number this time

Originally posted by street72 View Post
        Sorry Mike, I got the same thing you got with the numbers..Now I have to look for a new guy..
        Thanks Rett, that post was really FYI and I do appreciate the info
        Donna
        Williamston, MI
        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by RAIV70Judge View Post
          Does it have to be this weekend? I have plans to be in Detroit this weekend,but i would be glad to help maybe next weekend Mike. I have an enclosed and a truck, but cant do it this weekend. Give me a call man.......
          Thanks Matt...I will talk to you tomorrow morning
          Donna
          Williamston, MI
          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
            ... Even if someone made a 1 of none like that ...

1969 Hurst/Olds

The Hurst/Olds returned for the 1969 model year. The biggest change was the switch from the silver and black paint scheme of '68 to a new Firefrost gold on white paint scheme. This would be the primary paint scheme for many Hurst/Olds models of later years. Instead of the dual ram air scoops under the front bumper that was used in '68 and other ram air '69s, the H/O received a functional "mailbox" fiberglass hood scoop with H/O 455 on each side advertising what lurked under the hood. A spoiler was mounted on the trunk and the car sat on unique 15x7 chrome SSII rims with Goodyear F60x15 Polyglas tires. The exterior was finished off with a pair of English racing mirrors, H/O emblems on the front fenders and deck lid, blacked out 442 grilles, and black hand-applied pinstripes. All of the '68 and '69 H/Os were pinstriped by one guy! Interior modifications included the same dual/gate shifter setup as '68 (with different woodgrain), painted gold stripes on the headrests, and a Hurst/Olds emblem on the glove-box door. The non-drive train modifications were again done at Demmer Engineering. Approximately 913 cars were built including 2 convertibles for Hurst promotional use.
            The 455 cubic-inch Rocket V8 received a slightly milder cam and produced 380 horsepower (280 kW) and 500 flbs of torque. This provided better drivability, particularly for air conditioned cars. The same engine was used for both A/C and non-A/C cars. The engine received a unique intake manifold, chrome steel valve covers, and a special vacuum operated air cleaner lid to allow cold air from the hood scoop into the carburetor. This was backed up by a specially calibrated code OH Turbo 400 transmission and 3.42 gears for non-A/C cars or 3.23 gears for cars with A/C. Optional 3.91 gears were available only for non-A/C cars.
            The Hurst/Olds was temporarily dropped after the 1969 model year because GM dropped the 400 cubic-inch engine limit for the 1970 model year, which permitted the divisions to install larger engines in their intermediate musclecars. For 1970, the regular 442 came standard with a 365-horsepower 455 Rocket V8, or an optional 370 horsepower (280 kW) version of same engine with the W-30 option. For 1970, Olds planned to bring back the Hurst/Olds, but as a lower-priced companion to the 442 with a smaller 350 cubic-inch V8 and special graphics. That planned '70 H/O ended up being introduced as the mid-year Rallye 350, which featured a bright yellow paint scheme for the body along with front and rear bumpers coated with matching yellow urethane. The next Hurst/Olds would be introduced as a 1972 model.

sorry - after reading the article again it seems the W30 option may have been a 70 model only option.
            Last edited by cstmwgn; November 30, 2011, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

1969 Hurst/Olds

The Hurst/Olds returned for the 1969 model year. The biggest change was the switch from the silver and black paint scheme of '68 to a new Firefrost gold on white paint scheme. This would be the primary paint scheme for many Hurst/Olds models of later years. Instead of the dual ram air scoops under the front bumper that was used in '68 and other ram air '69s, the H/O received a functional "mailbox" fiberglass hood scoop with H/O 455 on each side advertising what lurked under the hood. A spoiler was mounted on the trunk and the car sat on unique 15x7 chrome SSII rims with Goodyear F60x15 Polyglas tires. The exterior was finished off with a pair of English racing mirrors, H/O emblems on the front fenders and deck lid, blacked out 442 grilles, and black hand-applied pinstripes. All of the '68 and '69 H/Os were pinstriped by one guy! Interior modifications included the same dual/gate shifter setup as '68 (with different woodgrain), painted gold stripes on the headrests, and a Hurst/Olds emblem on the glove-box door. The non-drive train modifications were again done at Demmer Engineering. Approximately 913 cars were built including 2 convertibles for Hurst promotional use.
              The 455 cubic-inch Rocket V8 received a slightly milder cam and produced 380 horsepower (280 kW) and 500 flbs of torque. This provided better drivability, particularly for air conditioned cars. The same engine was used for both A/C and non-A/C cars. The engine received a unique intake manifold, chrome steel valve covers, and a special vacuum operated air cleaner lid to allow cold air from the hood scoop into the carburetor. This was backed up by a specially calibrated code OH Turbo 400 transmission and 3.42 gears for non-A/C cars or 3.23 gears for cars with A/C. Optional 3.91 gears were available only for non-A/C cars.
              The Hurst/Olds was temporarily dropped after the 1969 model year because GM dropped the 400 cubic-inch engine limit for the 1970 model year, which permitted the divisions to install larger engines in their intermediate musclecars. For 1970, the regular 442 came standard with a 365-horsepower 455 Rocket V8, or an optional 370 horsepower (280 kW) version of same engine with the W-30 option. For 1970, Olds planned to bring back the Hurst/Olds, but as a lower-priced companion to the 442 with a smaller 350 cubic-inch V8 and special graphics. That planned '70 H/O ended up being introduced as the mid-year Rallye 350, which featured a bright yellow paint scheme for the body along with front and rear bumpers coated with matching yellow urethane. The next Hurst/Olds would be introduced as a 1972 model.

sorry - after reading the article again it seems the W30 option may have been a 70 model only option.
              Pretty good reading coming from a Ford guy. H/O's are awesome and there are several "W" cars variations with the W30 being the best known. I had forgot about them building the convertibles. I still don't think they made that particular combo, but I do know the people that would know for sure. Maybe I can get some emblems and mailbox scoops and pretend I got one
              Donna
              Williamston, MI

Comment

Working...
              X