powertour/camera/flashcards/stock up/christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powertour/camera/flashcards/stock up/christmas

So,those that have gone, about how much memory you use up in flashcards..
    or better yet because every camera uses different files sizes, because of migpix and settings, what was the avg pic count taken..
    try'n to stock up on memory while others are buy'n
    more than likely burn to computer nightly, but just incase wobley pops delay that , I'd rather have enough on hand than buying when the area stores know tourist are coming through and a 2 gig card is a 16 gig price..

First year I went I took about 500 pics. The last year, maybe 40. You're going to see thousands of cars and quite a few miles of driving in places you've never been, so it's going to be hard to get a number. Good luck with the downloading at night thing as it never seemed to work for me. Parking lot took up that time.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
      Posted by A/Fuel So someone is working behind the scenes to make you look like an idiot?
      That would be like lighting up a candle at noon to make it a little brighter.
      WOW - does that hit close to home for me!

Good quote from A/Fuel Matt

Comment

Stitch, last year I took near 3000 pictures, then sort and delete. Battery is of equal concern as storage space. I use a 2 and 4 gig memory card and two point and shot cameras. I also download every evening and write a daily blog for my cruise group before falling asleep on my keyboard........
        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I did take alot of pics on the first PT in 09 but last year I only took about 200 pic's but I used the video more and when I got home made 3 dvd's of the trip. You get more of a feeling of being there every time you watch them and show the trip to all your friends that are scared to try the PT thinking there car won't make it.

Comment

I took 440 last year and about the same the previous years - camera held them all. Good thing too, I don't know a gig from a pig. Now that I think about it maybe that's why I couldn't get it to work at Mike & Donna's on the last day - DOH.
            To me a gig is a musician's night job. No I don't want to learn and no I don't G.A.S. (short version of D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S.).
            Last edited by 70chevyC-10; December 2, 2011, 06:13 AM.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
              Parking lot took up that time.
              I don't know what you mean?
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

i shot at a fairly hi setting and don't go all the way through a 2gig and a 4gig card. like everyone is saying, after the first year, you don't take as many pictures. on the other hand, it's digital, so if a picture doesn't turn out, you delete it and it doesn't cost anything to process it. take a bunch of pictures and see what comes out. thats what i do.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I took over 3k of pictures. I just every night load them onto my computer and start fresh. But my DSLR shoots 14.2 mp shots. I have filled up a 4 gig card on Power Tour before. So I always carry a few spares. They are cheap and you never know when you might need one.

Ryan
                  Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
                  www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

i use a 5 mp camera set on the highest setting with a 4 gb card.
                    we took over 700 pics and only used 2.8 gb of storage.
                    doing the math it's 4 mb per pic

i saved less than 200 pics over all
                    had to charge the battery twice
                    HRPT Long Hauler 2011, 2012, 2014

Comment

I take a 2 and 4gb card plus have a spare battery charged just in case. Everyone is right you will take so many pics the 1st year then the # goes down. I think we took 1,500 to 2,000 last year, still haven't looked at them all. If you choose to download to a computer every night, plan on getting less sleep.

Linda

Comment

I used 7 rolls of film the first year.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

As most of you all know, Mike took really alot!

Donna
                          Donna
                          Williamston, MI
                          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

I always take more every year. Always getting more friends and having more fun. I blog every night from the Tour. Of course I get no sleep.

Here is my list of Media stuff I bring

Laptop
                            External Hard drive
                            DSLR (2 Spare Batteries)(4 Spare Memory Cards atleast 2 gig each)
                            Video Camera (Haven't used this much.... don't need video evidence... and a spare battery)
                            Point and Shoot (1 Spare battery, same memory as DSLR.)
                            Tri-Pod
                            Mono-Pod
                            Lens shades
                            Cleaners, wipes, etc....

This year I am hoping for one of those HD Flip Cameras that I can mount to the car.
                            Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
                            www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

we try and download every night. the wife takes along 4 sets of batteries and she has 2 16 gig memory cards for this year. do we need that, no, but more is never enough. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X