Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are c/b's used on the tour

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • are c/b's used on the tour

    for smokies and traffic ect

  • #2
    Hey Stich, the group that I ran with, which were made up of most of the Freaks on here, used the 2-way radios. And they were used for exactly what you mentioned... I'm not sure how many people use cb's....
    sigpic

    "People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

    Comment


    • #3
      what kind of 2 way radio? like the little motorola ones? before i took my roadtripto fla and the kickoff i was kicking the idea around of getting a cb. they have some rpetty cool ones that are all contained in the mic, plug it into the lighter and antenna. im sure its not the best but i was thinking of getting one, i could use it in my jeep when i go wheeling and on road trips.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 1931s/x View Post
        what kind of 2 way radio? like the little motorola ones? before i took my roadtripto fla and the kickoff i was kicking the idea around of getting a cb. they have some rpetty cool ones that are all contained in the mic, plug it into the lighter and antenna. im sure its not the best but i was thinking of getting one, i could use it in my jeep when i go wheeling and on road trips.
        Yep Motorola's, the little handheld ones. There good for at least a mile and if we got seperated more then that, we just used cell phones.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
          Hey Stich, the group that I ran with, which were made up of most of the Freaks on here, used the 2-way radios. And they were used for exactly what you mentioned... I'm not sure how many people use cb's....
          something like this
          http://www.amazon.com/Midland-GXT100...2841651&sr=8-2

          Comment


          • #6
            FRS radios get a rechargable one.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
              Yep, those are typical.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.


              Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

              The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

              Comment


              • #8
                with the 2 way radio, do you have to have the same brand and model or do they all use the same freq? i have a set of those and my brother and i use them when we go wheeling but a lot of guys on the trails use cb.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Whats a C.B.?
                  The youngest guy on the board
                  76 vega
                  86 fiero

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 64casteel View Post
                    Whats a C.B.?
                    Your too young to know about that.I had one long time ago.
                    Longhauler 2009,2011
                    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 1931s/x View Post
                      with the 2 way radio, do you have to have the same brand and model or do they all use the same freq? i have a set of those and my brother and i use them when we go wheeling but a lot of guys on the trails use cb.
                      All we have to do is pick a channel. They're all the same.
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 64casteel View Post
                        Whats a C.B.?
                        Evan, have you seen 'Smokey and the Bandit'?? They were talking on CB radios....CB is short for Citizen's Band, which refers to the frequencies used. 'Breaker 19......come on......'.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.


                        Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

                        The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          one of the local radio station morning shows had a skit they did a few times a week, called "pissing off a trucker"
                          it was funny as hell.. thry stopped it when one trucker with no sense of humor showed up at the station..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            we used to do that in my friends mom's land yacht t-bird. it came with a cb that had like a big guitar plug and you just plugged it into the radio, it even used the radio antenna so you were never an immediate suspect.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I got my CB licence in 1974, yes young-ins we needed licences.... Mine was KIP 2656 - Handle of Moody Blue in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

                              Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                              1966 Plymouth Fury III
                              2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                              Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                              Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X