VA Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Visit

So i had some time today and was looking around the Detroit Area for a Small VA home that we possibly could do a small car show at like in past years on Friday.

I have been unlucky... The only VA home/clinic that i can find it the large on in downtown Detroit. The John D Dingell VA Medical Center. http://www.detroit.va.gov/

GOOGLE MAP OF DETROIT AREA

GOOGLE MAP OF DOWNTOWN AREA

If anyone has any other suggestions of a possible place in the area to do this show please speak up.

If we want to do the show at the Medical Center I will start to make contact with them, unless someone who has done it before wants to ?

Lets hear every ones thoughts on this years event!
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
    So i had some time today and was looking around the Detroit Area for a Small VA home that we possibly could do a small car show at like in past years on Friday.

I have been unlucky... The only VA home/clinic that i can find it the large on in downtown Detroit. The John D Dingell VA Medical Center. http://www.detroit.va.gov/

GOOGLE MAP OF DETROIT AREA

GOOGLE MAP OF DOWNTOWN AREA

If anyone has any other suggestions of a possible place in the area to do this show please speak up.

If we want to do the show at the Medical Center I will start to make contact with them, unless someone who has done it before wants to ?

Lets hear every ones thoughts on this years event!
    Don't have any knowledge re: Detroit area VA facilities, but.......Linda (Cheapsreet) has been phenomenal in past years, organizing those pre-tour visits.....would wait until she gets a chance to weigh in on this; additionally, Mike and Donna (redragtop) are Michigan residents; they might have some knowledge re: veterans' facilities.......
    Last edited by rexdogg; December 2, 2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

that sounds nice.. where they go last year..

Comment

Last year we went to Daytona, Mark. It was the nearest one to Cocoa Beach.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
          Don't have any knowledge re: Detroit area VA facilities, but.......Linda (Cheapsreet) has been phenomenal in past years, organizing those pre-tour visits.....would wait until she gets a chance to weigh in on this; Donna .......
          Right you are Dave. Sis will find a suitable VA location to do it.
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I'm in. Just tell me where and when.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
              I'm in. Just tell me where and when.
              Me too....and Linda (Cheapstreets) is "the man".....oops.....she is "The Woman".......to make the VA cruise go.......

Comment

Linda - F.Y.I. - the Allen Park VA I mentioned to you previously is now closed - (thanks for the info Scott)
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thanks for the votes of confidence freaks and Scott thanks for checking. I would prefer to organize this alone since I do it as a tribute to my Dad who fought in WWII. I am totally open to suggestions for a location and will be checking them myself probably in Feb. Putting this together normally takes a couple of phones calls and a few emails. The one certainty I do know is we will go off our original donations list from a few years ago.

Stich this started in 2007 in Cleveland (which has been the best location so far) with 12 freaks and has grown to about 50 or so freaks that arrive a day early (Friday) to honor those that have served our great country. We've found that the vets enjoy spending a couple of hours looking at the cars and visiting with us. It's really we who are blessed by doing this. I hope you will plan on coming this year!

After Ken and I get through my youngest son's wedding (next Saturday the 10th), the Holidays and my birthday (the 27th) plus figure out if we are building a new house, I will have time to start planning the visit. I hope all those freaks that have come in the past will bring 1 new freak with them. Thanks guys and gals, love you!

Linda

Comment

I promise we'll be there for this one..... The Fury will not be ready for the 2012 Power tour so we will bring a 2012 Mustang 5.0 GT

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                    1966 Plymouth Fury III
                    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Nice choice Ed!
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3 View Post
                        I promise we'll be there for this one..... The Fury will not be ready for the 2012 Power tour so we will bring a 2012 Mustang 5.0 GT
                        Very nice Ed! Is it just like the picture? If not, what color did you get?

Linda

Comment

Wow--Wow--Wow..First of all..Linda, You are THE person who sets up the Vet's program..And we hope to make it this year again. It is sooooo instramental to the Vet's and it brings such a warm feeling to your heart that you must make it..

But Ed, Thank goodness you hit the Lottery and are looking at getting yourself and Jane in the front row with a fine choice in the Ford Mustang.. Because you will NEVER go back to a Mopar after you punch that Mustang to the floor one time.. You will be hooked..Although I saw the 2013 Mustang at SEMA and it looks good.. You may have to get a trans-fusion from Bob to go true Blue Oval.. Don't tell Justin..It is a very cool car and you will LOVE it..
                          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                            Wow--Wow--Wow..First of all..Linda, You are THE person who sets up the Vet's program..And we hope to make it this year again. It is sooooo instramental to the Vet's and it brings such a warm feeling to your heart that you must make it..

But Ed, Thank goodness you hit the Lottery and are looking at getting yourself and Jane in the front row with a fine choice in the Ford Mustang.. Because you will NEVER go back to a Mopar after you punch that Mustang to the floor one time.. You will be hooked..Although I saw the 2013 Mustang at SEMA and it looks good.. You may have to get a trans-fusion from Bob to go true Blue Oval.. Don't tell Justin..It is a very cool car and you will LOVE it..
                            LOL Thanks Rett.... If I can't have a Challenger than a Mustang will just have to do.....
                            Last edited by 66Fury3; December 4, 2011, 10:16 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                            1966 Plymouth Fury III
                            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Working...
                            X